Tilt actuator rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nepondguy

Hey gang. I had the tilt actuator go on my older T190. I have replaced the lift actuator a few years ago so am familiar with all of that. Since I have some time on my hands these days I thought I would see if there was any way to fix it rather than shell out the $700 for a new one. I took it all apart and the actuator part is working as it should nice and smoothly. I took the motor apart and found the brushes are completely worn. I reached out to a supplier of those motors who in turn went to the manufacturer and was told it is special and would take months to hand craft one. Clearly Bobcat just has them locked up tight so that you have to buy a complete new unit. Of course they don't sell parts (ie brushes) either. My question is, has anyone ever rebuilt one and is there another motor out there that will work? This is a machine I just use around my house so would love to avoid the big bucks if possible. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice you may have. Hope everyone is staying safe in this crazy new world!

foton

since you have the brushes out take them to a electric motor shop maybe they could match them up. A lot of times when I have bought Chinese electric tools (harbor freight) they include a spare set of brushes , I have used sand paper or a fine flat file to adjust them to fit different applications in a pinch and have had good luck. make sure you clean up the armature area too. I have read not to use emery as it can be conductive.

Homer Allman

Email me and I might be able to help you out. Email in my profile.
I just did this on my lift actuator. My actuator had a 455a609 motor on it. It was obviously bad when I took it apart. I found the following motor on eBay below. I purchased it for less than 20 shipped. When I got it the gearbox was different but I was able to put my 609 gears in it and it fit perfectly. If nothing else find a 455a motor on eBay and take the brushes out of it. My bobcat is still not working but my actuator does now. :) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Globe-Motors-Gearhead-Motor-12VDC-455A575-Hobby-Motor/383431341333?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649