t-650 tilt spool issue need help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JLA services

bobcat t-650 tilt functions stick and hard peddle i have a 2010 bobcat t-650 standard flow and standard controls having issues with my functions my right peddle the bucket tilt and curl is acting up sticking in both directions and peddle gets hard to move, once it moves correctly it might work ok for a few minutes but will act up again to the point you cant use tilt or curl at all it seems to get worse ounce the machine is warm for sure, i found a leak on the tilt spool cover on the back of the control valve remove and replaced o-ring and seal on valve put together could not move peddle move at all I removed the tilt linkage turned the tilt spool 180put the linkage back on machine worked great for about 20 min once machine was warm same problem, also if it helps i do have the auto bobcat and the only way it works is use lift or tilt function im guessing it by passes some hyd fluid and help's it. i have been working on skids a awhile but this one is getting the best of me any help would be great cant keep throwing parts at it thanks so much for your time

Tazza

Staff member
I was thinking it could be the detent balls being worn, allowing it to bind up, but the tilt function does not have a detent setup. There is no reason i can think of that would cause it to bind after 20 minutes of running.