T650 Bucking Bronco

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rageous

New to the forum looks like a wealth of good information out there. That being said I hope to extract some knowledge from you professional operators. I have a T650 that I operate on occasion and when I level the bucket out to scrape a little about an inch in depth, the machine wants to buck/bounce, when I try to go slow. If I go fast no problem, but I want to just push forward slowly. Is my technique screwed up, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Mike

Tazza

Staff member
Still jarring my guts and brains. Any help, Please.
All i can think is there is wear in the steering linkages, unless its all hand controls. If so, it could be a servo issue?
I have never run one, so i'm really just guessing.

lesgawlik

All i can think is there is wear in the steering linkages, unless its all hand controls. If so, it could be a servo issue?
I have never run one, so i'm really just guessing.
I have that occasionally with my T200. I think it's what they call in flying "pilot induced oscillations." You have your hands on the sticks pushing forward, and hit a bump. The machine stops, but your hands push forward, causing the machine to accelerate. Now the acceleration allows your hands to move backwards, and the machine slows down. Now you push forward to resume pushing, and the cycle repeats. What I do when that happens is release pressure on the sticks and allow the machine to come to a stop. Since it's not going fast, it stops in a second or two. Then I start pushing again at at slightly slower or faster speed. I have found that there are a few speeds that my machine just doesn't like, and those speeds depend on the resistance from soil, digging depth, etc.

hitempguy

My T 190 does the same thing, during scraping with a flat bucket and a heavy load. Look at the small dampening shocks on the steering control arm bars and see if they are leaking oil. They may need replacement, they definetly help with the "bucking" Also on the linkage arms that go back to your directional control motor(?) There is a preload spring that helps your steering levers return to center that may need to be adjusted, tightened..... My 0.0207088

siduramaxde

My T 190 does the same thing, during scraping with a flat bucket and a heavy load. Look at the small dampening shocks on the steering control arm bars and see if they are leaking oil. They may need replacement, they definetly help with the "bucking" Also on the linkage arms that go back to your directional control motor(?) There is a preload spring that helps your steering levers return to center that may need to be adjusted, tightened..... My 0.0207088
I agree with hitempguy. I replaced the shocks on my steering linkage and it helped tremendously.

gtstang462002

I agree with hitempguy. I replaced the shocks on my steering linkage and it helped tremendously.
Another trick that I use when doing precision grading like that is to rest my forarms firmly on the safety bar and use my fingertips to push the controls. By doing this is seems to stop the user induced "oscillations" that were previously mentioned.

biggie

Is this an single joystick control "sjc" machine? You can adjust the response of the joysticks. Check out the ops manual,under "Drive response" If it's ahc/acs, all you can do is slow the engine down, till you get use to the controls. The manual"standard" controls were alot more forgiving.