T650 codes, no hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MeanGene

2018 T650 with 650 hours. Been sitting a week, would not turn over yesterday. Got error message that seat bar sensor was out of range high, with light flashing. Tried again and it turned over and started, threw several codes, and it will move and steer, but the right joystick does nothing, no lift or tilt. went to shut it off to restart/ reboot, instruments went black but engine kept running. Turn back on and had to re-enter code to get instruments. Codes M2721, M6507. After several tries, engine shut off. It will start and run again, but same symptoms?

brdgbldr

Would not shut off, had to disconnect the fuel feed line
The first thing I would do, since you are getting a variety of codes, is check the electrical system.

Check the battery and alternator output. Clean and tighten battery posts and all grounding connections ( some of the ground connections at the frame were painted at the factory and need to be sanded to bare steel ). Check the battery cables for corrosion or swelling under the insulation.
Then go through and clean all wire connections while also looking for any rub throughs.

OP
OP
M

MeanGene

Battery and charging are good, 14.0 when running, 12.7 when off. I have cleaned all the ground connector cables at the battery, may have to raise the cab to track everything down

brdgbldr

Battery at 5.7 volts this morning
If you have a good battery then there is a short somewhere draining it.

To make sure the battery is good, disconnect the battery, charge it, and then see if it holds the charge.

haymaker

Yep, doing the usual basics. Left it disconnected at 12.8, battery is 2 yrs old
It really should be load tested.
It could hold a charge sitting for some time with a bad cell.
Load test it and you find out right away.
Most stores will do it for free.

OP
OP
M

MeanGene

Yep, one of those basics, I have a good load tester. Heading out in a minute to see where it's at this morning. I have a known good battery I can try in it. Funny though as it still throws the same codes and has the same problems when running at 14V