Remote start switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Redline

I need to adjust the steering linkage on my 642b as it creeps a bit, and I do not have the required remote start switch. Is there a way I can make my own, or bypass it so I can get this creeping issue corrected?

Bobcatdan

There is no factory remote start tool for a 642b that I know of. The tool did not come out until C series like 753 and 763 were introduce with BICS.

OldMachinist

There is no factory remote start tool for a 642b that I know of. The tool did not come out until C series like 753 and 763 were introduce with BICS.
The remote switch MEL1138A was just another ignition switch that plugged into the harness connector that you have to disconnect to raise the cab. You can do the same thing with a jumper wire to energize the ignition circuit and a automotive remote starter switch.
Run a jumper from 12+(red wire #1D) to the white/black wire #23F in the harness connector, this will be like turning the key to on. Connect the remote starter switch from the battery to the smaller terminal on the starter solenoid.
 photo EngineWiring_zpszpgihsx4.jpg

Start the engine with the remote switch, do your adjustments and just remove the jumper wire to shut down.

Bobcatdan

The remote switch MEL1138A was just another ignition switch that plugged into the harness connector that you have to disconnect to raise the cab. You can do the same thing with a jumper wire to energize the ignition circuit and a automotive remote starter switch.
Run a jumper from 12+(red wire #1D) to the white/black wire #23F in the harness connector, this will be like turning the key to on. Connect the remote starter switch from the battery to the smaller terminal on the starter solenoid.

Start the engine with the remote switch, do your adjustments and just remove the jumper wire to shut down.
I always started those from the key switch with the cab up. I kinda doubt a B has the the overgrown trailer plug that has to be unplugged before lifting the cab. Only early units had that, newer ones had the newer style harness that could stay connected.

OP
OP
R

Redline

I always started those from the key switch with the cab up. I kinda doubt a B has the the overgrown trailer plug that has to be unplugged before lifting the cab. Only early units had that, newer ones had the newer style harness that could stay connected.
I don't know. I started it, raised the cab and it immediately shut down. Did that 3 times. That's when I posted my question. Went back out and flipped the worn blocks, then tried it again and it stayed running..I just went with it and made the adjustments!

Latest posts