no fuel going to two injectors on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wbecker319

Lets hope so. I found when a diesel sits for a while, the plungers can stick inside the injectors and you need to pull them apart to free them.
The recommended fuel injector cleaner for injector nozzles on (gasoline) aircraft engines is Hoppes #9. I soak the nozzles in a jar of it overnight and it does a great job. You can find it at Wally World or any gun place.

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

The recommended fuel injector cleaner for injector nozzles on (gasoline) aircraft engines is Hoppes #9. I soak the nozzles in a jar of it overnight and it does a great job. You can find it at Wally World or any gun place.
It'll be a couple days before I can get put back together because it is so cold here. Didn't know these injectors were so expensive but thats how it goes. New ones cost 175 and they rebuilt two for 75 each. Is that out of line on price?

Tazza

Staff member
It'll be a couple days before I can get put back together because it is so cold here. Didn't know these injectors were so expensive but thats how it goes. New ones cost 175 and they rebuilt two for 75 each. Is that out of line on price?
That's decent, i think the last lot i got done were 60, and that was a good price from a friend.
Hoppes #9, never thought of that one, makes sense. I soak my .38 super barrel in the lead version of that to clean it. It does well at softening carbon deposits.

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

That's decent, i think the last lot i got done were 60, and that was a good price from a friend.
Hoppes #9, never thought of that one, makes sense. I soak my .38 super barrel in the lead version of that to clean it. It does well at softening carbon deposits.
I am getting fuel to injectors and have taken glow plug wire off and it will not start even on either. How do I check the timing because it seems to not be getting correct compression?

antfarmer2

I am getting fuel to injectors and have taken glow plug wire off and it will not start even on either. How do I check the timing because it seems to not be getting correct compression?
Stop with the either before you do damage unless you all ready have use wd-40

Tazza

Staff member
Stop with the either before you do damage unless you all ready have use wd-40
The timing on a Kubota is gear driven, you need to have something really messed up to have the timing out.
If you get hold of a compression tester, see what it's like. Even check your valve clearance, if it's out your compression maybe lower too.

Tazza

Staff member
The timing on a Kubota is gear driven, you need to have something really messed up to have the timing out.
If you get hold of a compression tester, see what it's like. Even check your valve clearance, if it's out your compression maybe lower too.
Oh, any smoke while cranking?
Ensure the battery is in good shape too, low cranking speed will make starting hard.

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

Oh, any smoke while cranking?
Ensure the battery is in good shape too, low cranking speed will make starting hard.
Getting white smoke. Have a new full charge battery. Only tried starting fluid a couple of times. Had injectors reworked and it acts like it wants to start but does not ever really catch. Getting fuel at injectors when lines are loosened.I"m at a loss. Is there any sensor that could be keeping it from starting other than fuel shut off solinoid?

jerry

Getting white smoke. Have a new full charge battery. Only tried starting fluid a couple of times. Had injectors reworked and it acts like it wants to start but does not ever really catch. Getting fuel at injectors when lines are loosened.I"m at a loss. Is there any sensor that could be keeping it from starting other than fuel shut off solinoid?
Are the glow plugs working right? Mine will start in very cold weather with glow plugs. Not at all for the first time of the day in warmer weather if I don't use the glow plugs. Makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

Are the glow plugs working right? Mine will start in very cold weather with glow plugs. Not at all for the first time of the day in warmer weather if I don't use the glow plugs. Makes a huge difference.
I checked the glow plugs individually and they omned out ok but I will take them out and see if they heat up correctly. Thanks Jerry I hope this could be what I have not checked correctly.

antfarmer2

I checked the glow plugs individually and they omned out ok but I will take them out and see if they heat up correctly. Thanks Jerry I hope this could be what I have not checked correctly.
I told you to do that on 12/26 make sure all connections are clean and tight and that the soliniod is working

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

I told you to do that on 12/26 make sure all connections are clean and tight and that the soliniod is working
Yes antfarmer I checked them out with ohm meter but my neighbor worked on it a day when I was at work and he said they were working but found out he did not remove and check them. I will get them out this weekend myself. So if I put voltage to them they should heat up at least 1/4 of the tip. Is that correct? i think you are right because it doesnt turn over as well as it used to. Any idea how much they are if I just wanted to replace them all to make sure they are working right.

antfarmer2

Yes antfarmer I checked them out with ohm meter but my neighbor worked on it a day when I was at work and he said they were working but found out he did not remove and check them. I will get them out this weekend myself. So if I put voltage to them they should heat up at least 1/4 of the tip. Is that correct? i think you are right because it doesnt turn over as well as it used to. Any idea how much they are if I just wanted to replace them all to make sure they are working right.
17 bucks apiece at NAPA but take one with you mine could not cross refrance them from the motor put your battery charger on it and make sure your aux hydro is not on

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

17 bucks apiece at NAPA but take one with you mine could not cross refrance them from the motor put your battery charger on it and make sure your aux hydro is not on
Thanks a lot going to just replace all if I take them all out. Got to thinking that my f250 wont start at all when even one glow plug not working. Thanks again for the help. Hope this turns out to be my problem. John

antfarmer2

Thanks a lot going to just replace all if I take them all out. Got to thinking that my f250 wont start at all when even one glow plug not working. Thanks again for the help. Hope this turns out to be my problem. John
Great let us know it is always better to keep them matched

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

Great let us know it is always better to keep them matched
Had to put bobcat on back burner for a while but finally got compression tester and first two cylinders with little if any compression. Took of head and found two pistons burnt next to each other. What are some suggestions that would cause this? I had someone tell me a clogged air filter but I am thinking a headgasket water leak might be the culprit. Any other suggestions to look for before I start rebuilding engine. Also does anyone have the torque specs for the 2203 engine since I am planning on new pistons,ring,bearings and head bolt torques. Thanks John

discountufoparts

My Kubota will only start on days roughly above 65 without glow plug use.