no fuel going to two injectors on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Better off putting a used engine in can get 2203 all day for under 1500 I found them for 1200
What do you class as burnt?
It is possible the gasket blew between cylinders, you should notice that on the gasket though.

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

What do you class as burnt?
It is possible the gasket blew between cylinders, you should notice that on the gasket though.
The edge of the piston is burnt a small amount enough to keep it from having compression. I know I could get a used engine for 12 to 15 hundred dollars but I have bought about 6 used engines and all but one ended up having problems. I have a friend that will work head for me at no charge at his shop so I want to rebuild so I can learn more about the engine. Total rebuild kit for what I need I can get for around 650. I am planning on selling the unit after rebuilding engine and painting and would think it would bring more with rebuilt rather than used replacement engine. Can anyone steer me to where I can find torque specs and valve tolerances. Thanks John

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

The edge of the piston is burnt a small amount enough to keep it from having compression. I know I could get a used engine for 12 to 15 hundred dollars but I have bought about 6 used engines and all but one ended up having problems. I have a friend that will work head for me at no charge at his shop so I want to rebuild so I can learn more about the engine. Total rebuild kit for what I need I can get for around 650. I am planning on selling the unit after rebuilding engine and painting and would think it would bring more with rebuilt rather than used replacement engine. Can anyone steer me to where I can find torque specs and valve tolerances. Thanks John
It is funny that this bobcat had two pistons burnt and losing compression but I was told it was not smoking? Can't believe that was suppose to have just ran out of fuel. lol Will have good machine with only 1241 hours on it and will hate to sell it . What would it be worth after I get it running? I would say it is in good but not excellant condition and is a 2000 model. Thanks John

discountufoparts

It is funny that this bobcat had two pistons burnt and losing compression but I was told it was not smoking? Can't believe that was suppose to have just ran out of fuel. lol Will have good machine with only 1241 hours on it and will hate to sell it . What would it be worth after I get it running? I would say it is in good but not excellant condition and is a 2000 model. Thanks John
You should have the injector pump looked at. Sounds like it could be starving for fuel in those two cylinders.

discountufoparts

You should have the injector pump looked at. Sounds like it could be starving for fuel in those two cylinders.
I am not sure on that injection system but you may be able to pull the top off of it and look for broken springs etc in the corresponding cylinders. I say this because I had all the symptoms you had on a kubota diesel and it was that before in another engine. Just remembered now.

antfarmer2

I am not sure on that injection system but you may be able to pull the top off of it and look for broken springs etc in the corresponding cylinders. I say this because I had all the symptoms you had on a kubota diesel and it was that before in another engine. Just remembered now.
If a 2203 will work 51 hp and under 1500 used