Need Drive Help!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
Hermit

Hermit

I have them on my list but all I see is complete motors. Golden Eagle has all the parts I need.
Update: I replaced the pin holding the shift lever to the swash plate, reinstalled the Pump/drive motor. I still have no drive. I took the hose lose going into the pump and have fluid and didn't see any air. I rechecked my relief valves and they are both seated. Can someone tell me what the "charge Pump" does? It looks like a small rotary pump on the input shaft. All I have is a parts list, I can't find a repair manual.

antfarmer2

Update: I replaced the pin holding the shift lever to the swash plate, reinstalled the Pump/drive motor. I still have no drive. I took the hose lose going into the pump and have fluid and didn't see any air. I rechecked my relief valves and they are both seated. Can someone tell me what the "charge Pump" does? It looks like a small rotary pump on the input shaft. All I have is a parts list, I can't find a repair manual.
No drive on one or both sides?.......did'nt you have drive oon both sides before it snaped?

OP
OP
Hermit

Hermit

No drive on one or both sides?.......did'nt you have drive oon both sides before it snaped?
No the right side is fine. Forward/reverse and you can see it change speeds. Before it snapped I had slow movement on the left side. After replacing the pin I had it for about 2 revolutions and then it stopped. (No noise this time) If I let it sit for half an hour it will turn about a quarter turn when you first start it up. I took it back out and tore it down again, the new pin is in place. Now I can not get the pump shaft out to check the pistons/valve plate. I was trying to get to the charge pump which is right behind the gear the belt drives. The gear was pinned on and is closed on the outboard side but the pump shaft will not move. I need to find someone who has had one of these apart. LPS has a rebuilt unit, but $1300 for a drive pump on a $1600 loader doesn't make a lot of sense.

antfarmer2

No the right side is fine. Forward/reverse and you can see it change speeds. Before it snapped I had slow movement on the left side. After replacing the pin I had it for about 2 revolutions and then it stopped. (No noise this time) If I let it sit for half an hour it will turn about a quarter turn when you first start it up. I took it back out and tore it down again, the new pin is in place. Now I can not get the pump shaft out to check the pistons/valve plate. I was trying to get to the charge pump which is right behind the gear the belt drives. The gear was pinned on and is closed on the outboard side but the pump shaft will not move. I need to find someone who has had one of these apart. LPS has a rebuilt unit, but $1300 for a drive pump on a $1600 loader doesn't make a lot of sense.
Can you swap drive motors and see what it does?

OP
OP
Hermit

Hermit

Can you swap drive motors and see what it does?
No they are mirror image. It has to be in the drive motor. I pulled the top off the gear box and you can see the gears turn when you turn the hubs and try to move when it is first fired up. You can also see the oil level because the return oil from the drive pump is used to lube the gear box.

antfarmer2

No they are mirror image. It has to be in the drive motor. I pulled the top off the gear box and you can see the gears turn when you turn the hubs and try to move when it is first fired up. You can also see the oil level because the return oil from the drive pump is used to lube the gear box.
So niether one worked then freed them up now one works?..........if so i would take another look at the seal

OP
OP
Hermit

Hermit

So niether one worked then freed them up now one works?..........if so i would take another look at the seal
Freeing up the check valves fixed the right side and I checked the left side before I pulled it back out. But now the O ring came out of the charge pump so I have to get it apart.

OP
OP
Hermit

Hermit

Ok good job
Ok an update if anyone is interested. I got my drive problem fixed. Bottom line, what it turned out to be is the seat for the charge pump relief valve was damaged and leaking bad enough that the right side would run out of fluid. And I only had to tare the motor down five times to find it :). On the good side I now have the parts breakdown for not only the Gehl 2500 but also the Sunstrand 15 series hydro type H and pretty good working knowledge of how the system works. If anybody needs them let me know.

antfarmer2

Ok an update if anyone is interested. I got my drive problem fixed. Bottom line, what it turned out to be is the seat for the charge pump relief valve was damaged and leaking bad enough that the right side would run out of fluid. And I only had to tare the motor down five times to find it :). On the good side I now have the parts breakdown for not only the Gehl 2500 but also the Sunstrand 15 series hydro type H and pretty good working knowledge of how the system works. If anybody needs them let me know.
Good job knew you could do it!!!!!