L425 drive problem help needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

WisconsinNH

Hello, I've recently purchased an L425 that looks in good shape and runs well. When I start the engine the loader wants to start moving right away. I can't really let go of the steering levers or it'll start moving forward. The main problem I'm having is with the left drive. After a minute or two the left side won't go reverse. I have to hold the left lever all the way back with force to just not move. If I let go it takes off fast in forward. It feels like maximum forward speed is about where the left drive lever should be in neutral or close to it. I can then push the lever forward all the way with no increase in forward travel speed. It feels like I'm compressing a shock. After the lever is pushed forward all the way I can pull the steer lever back to about neutral and the left drive will stop. I can then pull back and go in reverse again for a little while before it all starts over again.

brdgbldr

Check all of your drive linkages for loose connections, worn or broken parts. Then re-zero the neutral and see what problems still exist.

Latest posts