help PLEASE ls150

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Barleyboy

I just bought a NH 2005 ls150 and I have some problems:
1. can't find the hydraulic fluid check level and I believe i am very low. don't want to put any as I don't want to mix oil. also how would one go about draining oil to replace as its never been done and I am at 2400 hours.

2. no auxiliary hydraulics. could this be because of the low fluid level?

3. It has a tendency when driving that the right hand toggle dosen't give much power especially when backing up. and has a slight tendency to the right when driving forward. it also creeps forward when idling.

any advice would be really appreciated! really hope I can fix this. not to mechanically inclined but I want to learn how to fix machinery.
don't want to ruin this sweet machine.

OP
OP
Barleyboy

Barleyboy

20231103_170229.jpg
20231006_181016.jpg

polishpete

the sight should be in rear and u woulf have to adust your joysticks by putting the machine on blocks

polishpete

U SHOULDNT HAVE TO REMOVE ANYTHING OPEN THE REAR DOOR BUT
u have to put the machine on blocks to adust it to neurtral

OP
OP
Barleyboy

Barleyboy

rear or side should be a sight glass or the reservoir u could always stick i wire in it
and see how much u have
so if I can't find a sight glass is there a danger of over filling the machine? I am assuming there should be oil that you can see through the side of the plastic. maybe halfway?

polishpete

when u open rear door on your left u should see a oil or fuel filter behind that u will se a sight glass
about three inches big or fill it and leave 12 inches out of container is easy way make sure the boom is downnn

mrbb

I would suggest maybe trying to find yourself a owners manual,(or better yet a service manual) many times they can be found on Ebay and such pretty cheap and will show you where all things are and how to check fluids and fill them, and what TYPE of fluids(as some of these older machines ran 10w-30 in everything and never used hydraulic fluid in them) , it will show you where all the grease fitting are or should be and when to grease them
, as many are not always easy to see or find, or get too!
so knowing how much and what type of fluid, when and where to grease is a big part of keeping machines healthy and working in the future!
That said,
I don't have your model, but on many like era (and older) NH machines, there is not dip stick for MAIN hydraulic fluid/oil reservoir tank, ( again many use 10w-30 OIL, and NOT use hydraulic fluid at all in them, so you don't want to be mixing oil and hyrdaulic fluids if possible< )
but the way to check level is on the side of the plastic tank there are lines to show where to fill up too,
next UNDER the seat there could be dip sticks , to check fluid levels in gear boxes too!

NOW if there has NEVER been any fluids changed since new, in them 2400 hrs, thats a LOT of time on old fluids, I would be doing a full fluid change on everything and all new filters as well, as there all way past due!

here is a good link with some info for you to look at, with OEM part numbers for filters and such and shows fluid amounts and types(your machine uses , or CALLS for 10w-30 NOT hydraulic fluid , too by the way according to this info)

go to this link, click on

New Holland Skid Steer Loaders
then scroll down to your model, it will provide you with good info to look at!

OP
OP
Barleyboy

Barleyboy

I would suggest maybe trying to find yourself a owners manual,(or better yet a service manual) many times they can be found on Ebay and such pretty cheap and will show you where all things are and how to check fluids and fill them, and what TYPE of fluids(as some of these older machines ran 10w-30 in everything and never used hydraulic fluid in them) , it will show you where all the grease fitting are or should be and when to grease them
, as many are not always easy to see or find, or get too!
so knowing how much and what type of fluid, when and where to grease is a big part of keeping machines healthy and working in the future!
That said,
I don't have your model, but on many like era (and older) NH machines, there is not dip stick for MAIN hydraulic fluid/oil reservoir tank, ( again many use 10w-30 OIL, and NOT use hydraulic fluid at all in them, so you don't want to be mixing oil and hyrdaulic fluids if possible< )
but the way to check level is on the side of the plastic tank there are lines to show where to fill up too,
next UNDER the seat there could be dip sticks , to check fluid levels in gear boxes too!

NOW if there has NEVER been any fluids changed since new, in them 2400 hrs, thats a LOT of time on old fluids, I would be doing a full fluid change on everything and all new filters as well, as there all way past due!

here is a good link with some info for you to look at, with OEM part numbers for filters and such and shows fluid amounts and types(your machine uses , or CALLS for 10w-30 NOT hydraulic fluid , too by the way according to this info)

go to this link, click on

New Holland Skid Steer Loaders
then scroll down to your model, it will provide you with good info to look at!

Thank you! I will try those things. It has had oil changes for the motor but I think the hydraulic might have never been changed. probably would be a good idea to do that since I don't know what they were using in tearms of oil.

mrbb

Thank you! I will try those things. It has had oil changes for the motor but I think the hydraulic might have never been changed. probably would be a good idea to do that since I don't know what they were using in tearms of oil.
again to be clear it uses 10w30 in hydraulic system, NOT hydraulic fluid, the same that is in its motor!(or what is called for any how!
a link to NH oil!

over the yrs many have switch fluids, from what OEM calls for,
which is why its always a good idea when getting a new machine, to drain ALL fluids and replace with correct NEW fluids and filters as well< this way you know what is where and that correct fluids are in use!
its a little more tricky on hydraulic systems to do this, as there is not real way to fully drain the system
, so, draining all you can, is best, and then trying to ID if fluid in there is hydraulic fluid or correct oil.
if it has hydraulic fluid, and NOT oil, I would again drain system as best you can, replace filter, and then in a short period of time, do a second change!
trying to remove all hydraulic fluid from system,as you don't really want to be mixing them together!

but everyone views this there own way!, ??

OP
OP
Barleyboy

Barleyboy

Ah, I see what you mean! just bought a repair manual and I'll be going through it in depth. it does say 10w30 for the motor and fluid. they are separate holding chambers and filters for them. thats why I was confused on the types. Do you think buying non OEM NH filters and oil at Lordco Or Nappa is a problem? I am in a small town in BC Canada and no NH dealers near me. I would assume any filter that fits and has the same micron would be fine. just bringing the old one in and getting a replacement... Same with oil brand?

n.b skid steer guy

There is a manual operator that is very useful but also a repair one that has ever si gle part and how to adjust it both are a good idea . I would say as I have the same Machi experience. Same make just older that to start fresh change out every filter and fluids then you will know what and when to change them again. Simple tools and pick up oil in bulk 5 gallon pails 10w30 every fluid is that except the gear boxes 80/90 w the sticks adjust with 9/16 take the pan off and out between your feet and it can be easily done make sure it's level as gravity can pull your stick and make it creep the pull to one side is common with so.e try and error you can find the sweet spot. Now if you want a high forward speed the reverse will be slower .but if you with to get it do e 2 k m per hour can be. Big advantage balance is the key patience đź‘Ś and leRn you machine make sure you check for leaks the base should not have fluids rolling a round.

OP
OP
Barleyboy

Barleyboy

thank you sir! I bought a repair manual and I'll have to take the time in the spring to do a full service. machine didn't come with a owners manual. would you say it's got more info that would be useful to have on hand? got to figure out how to get it on blocks as well. she is heavy!

Latest posts