I need some help with my altinator ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

n.b skid steer guy

Lx565 new Holland
I have done many upgrades ,back up camera ,heater fan led lights spot beams yellow floods ,strobes and now my altinantor can't keep up.
Big 1000 crank battery new gel mesh no plates
Tye question now is to what size and do they make it stock is only 46 amps I have found a 55 Amp same frame unit and design.
It is a single fully v belt
I would like to make it work under 100 amps . At 12 volts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mrbb

well I gather you don't want to hear this, but will add just in case?

I think you have way too many electrical gadgets on your machine than is needed, and what all you have is way past what the machine was designed to run!@
the simple deal here might be to remove some!

BUT since I again doubt this is what you want to hear, if your dead set on keeping everything and using at same time? Maybe try looking into a custom made high output alternator, tons of company's make them, and will make them for about any vehicle!
draw back is there NOT cheap
yrs back I had some custom vehicles I had to add some too, and from MY Experience, they DO work, but you DON'T get the life span you do on stock one,
which then again adds costs to the game
I can recall buying a new custom one every yr at like 4 times the price of a stock one , , but like you the stock one's wouldn;t work for what I was doing!

as they say, you some times have to pay to play!

another idea here might be to also add a second battery set up , won't solve your issues, but can help a little, but again, your adding unneeded costs to things,a s honestly you don't need all then gadgets to use your machine!

foton

are all your lights converted to led if not that will help, and your heater I assume it runs off your engine coolant system and not all electric, if it is all electric(this is a major power draw) go to the type that runs off engine heat. yeah and go to the 55 amp, I have no idea if it would fit but the 1996 dodge with the cummins diesel uses a 120 amp alt. if you can finda good one at the bone yard it might be something to look at if you have a 100 percent electric heater.

Latest posts