John Deere 332 joystick problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rodger

Hi , I have a John Deere 322 that shows a Y access code and stick out of center code and won't move or lift the bucket . The machine had sat for a long time and the battery was dead so I put a battery charger on it . I Had the battery charger on boost ( probably the cause of my problems ? ) . The lights were flashing and I put it on slow charge . When it started it would not release the safety stuff for the hydraulics or drive and shows the above codes . I can play with the joystick left - right and turn the key on/off until I hear a click . Then the hydraulics and drive motors work , but locks up as soon as much movement happens . I took the left joystick and put it on the right , but no change ( probably not having the left joystick has much to do with that ) . John Deere dealer suggests throwing a $2,000 joystick on it to see if that is the problem . I would appreciate any help or experience before possibly blowing $2 grand . serial # is TO322TK169647 , bought in 2007 . Thanks , Rodger

Tazza

Staff member
Rodger , You were a dummy and posted in the Bobcat section ......
Is there a way to calibrate the joystick? I'm with you not wanting to drop 2k on a joystick that may or not be the issue.

OP
OP
R

Rodger

Is there a way to calibrate the joystick? I'm with you not wanting to drop 2k on a joystick that may or not be the issue.
Hi , Not that the John Deere dealer is sharing . 200 hours on it . I did not think using a battery charger on boost would effect the electronics . I have sport motorcycles and have heard of frying stuff on them with a charger , but thought a piece of heavy machinery would not be as fragile .

antfarmer2

Hi , Not that the John Deere dealer is sharing . 200 hours on it . I did not think using a battery charger on boost would effect the electronics . I have sport motorcycles and have heard of frying stuff on them with a charger , but thought a piece of heavy machinery would not be as fragile .
I would check and clean all connections, fuses and relays battery connections and ground and chewed wires from any pets you might have also any solinoids stuck or crudded up

Tazza

Staff member
I would check and clean all connections, fuses and relays battery connections and ground and chewed wires from any pets you might have also any solinoids stuck or crudded up
I'd like to say the charger wouldn't cause an issue, but who knows. Boost mode on a charger isn't much higher voltage.
Only 200 hours..... Not still under warranty i assume?

OP
OP
R

Rodger

I'd like to say the charger wouldn't cause an issue, but who knows. Boost mode on a charger isn't much higher voltage.
Only 200 hours..... Not still under warranty i assume?
I did not think it would either . A buddy bought it new and no warranty via the time .

Latest posts