Help with "my new M610"

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stampeder

I bought a M610 a few months back from a farmer who had it sitting under a tree for 8 years. I drained the oil and there was water in it and then oil came out. The engine wouldn't turn over. I pulled the starter and it was in sad shape. I rebuilt it (and painted it) so now it runs like a charm. Come to find out that this had once been a rental machine so it was really abused. After a lot of deep creep poured down the spark plug holes and several days of waiting I managed to get the engine to move. I will go about 3/4 of a rev and then it hits a hard stop. I cannot get it to move any further. It will go back the 3/4 rev but then again it stops. I'm hoping it doesn't have a broken connecting rod or something. The farmer said it was running fine when he parked it. He quit using it because the cylinders were leaking and he didn't want to rebuild them. Soooo. Now I need to remove the outer sheave. I managed to get the small outer clip off but now I am faced with the issue of how to remove the larger c-clip. I can't seem to get the outer part to move inward so I can release the c-clip. I'm looking for suggestions as to how to move it inwards so I can remove the large c-clip. Any other suggestions on the removal of the engine would be most welcome. Finally, I am looking for a picture of how the linkage looks for the choke. Someone has butchered the existing one and I would like to return it to normal. I'm very concerned about the engine not fully turning over. If the engine is shot I am worried that the effort to bring this back to life may not be worth it. Thanks. Glenn.

7LBSSMALLIE

A VISUAL INSPECTION OF ENG IS REQUIRED GONNA NEED TO PULL IT BENCH IT AND DISSAMBLE IT. YOU CANNOT MAKE ANY SUPPSITONS UNTIL THIS IS DONE. BEING AS IT WONT ROLL THRU THREE SIXTY. ITS GOT SOME ISSUES. BUT NOT A BAD JOB ITS USELESS AS IT SITS. GET SOME BUDDIES GET SOME SOME BEER, LEARN SOME THINGS? MARK EVERY THING MARK EVERTHING DIFFERNT COULERED PAINT MARKERS ARE USEFULL. BUT PAINT WASHES OFF. USE THE THE DOT METHOD A SPRING LOADED PUNH WORKS BEST FOR ME. AND HAVE FUN IF YOU GET HER TO RUN YOU WILL SMILE.