Gauges wont shut down when off-Bobcat 643

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dan4548

I have an electrical headscratcher that hopefully someone has an answer, as Im ready to give up. I have a Bobcat 643 that when I shut it down, the gauges ( fuel level & battery ) stay on despite it being in the off position. I dont know if the hour meter would do the same if it still worked.
I replaced the ignition switch thinking it may have shorted out, but did not solve the problem. It did blow one fuse a couple weeks ago that is on a circuit to the glowplugs, and something in the starting cycle as it would only turn over and not fire. The fuse has remained good since replacement and there is no issue starting it or operating it, but the gauges still stay on 24/7. To save the battery from discharge, I installed a negative battery terminal shut off to turn the gauges off as it sat. Any ideas would be appreciated, is there a relay somewhere? or could it be a short in the alternator giving back power when off. Thanks for any suggestions

foton

someone wired the gauges to the hot side of the battery , most likely done on keyswitch, they should be on the RUN section of the switch. Of course it could have been done elsewhere too. Take wires off switch until gauges go dead then put switch in the run position ,check with light or meter to find run, turn off to verify ,once done that move wire to that position. hopefully that will get it.