1998 763 wont unlock hydros when machine gets warmed up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

garrett1308

Hey yall, having an issue with my 98 763 F series, AHC machine but I don't think that matters. Hoping someone can give me some advice as I'm new to working on bobcats.

Machine does great when I first start it. After a while of running, if I open the lap bar or otherwise break the bics circuit, when I try to re-engage the hydros, the bics lights are all happy, the machine drives, but the tilt/boom won't raise or lower. They try to, can hear the machine strain, and can see the lines move due to pressure.

With the machine in this locked up state, I have lifted the cab with seat bar down and drive/hydro functions enabled, and i am getting 12volts at the unlock solenoid ( not sure if that's the right term, solenoid in the middle of the hydro block, near the bottom of the unit). Solenoid ohms out at 11ohms, which seems right.

When the machine sits for about an hour, all hydros unlock like they should and I don't have any issue. I can run the machine all day as long as I don't break the bics circuit.

Does this sound like a bad lockout solenoid or something else? Any input is greatly appreciated.

gearbox

You can check the plug into the controller . I had to put a little dielectric grease on the gasket to get it to plug in all the way