Flexplate - Fluid here?? need some help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Patcon

I am working on removing the engine from an LX665 that threw a rod. When I removed the bolts holding the drive pumps to the end of the motor fluid came out the bottom bolt hole. Is there supposed to be fluid behind the back cover at the end of the bell housing? I have the New Holland service manuals but can't tell if this is correct or a sign of more damage. Thanks for any help Charles

Mike10

There should be no oil there. The hydro seal is probably leaking. Easy enough to change. Stand the pumps up on end, remove snapring. remove seal, install new seal. When installing new seal you can pull the hydro shaft up about 1/2" so you can get the seal started onto the shaft. If the splines are worn on the shaft and needs to be replace, just pull the shaft up and out of the pumps

OP
OP
P

Patcon

There should be no oil there. The hydro seal is probably leaking. Easy enough to change. Stand the pumps up on end, remove snapring. remove seal, install new seal. When installing new seal you can pull the hydro shaft up about 1/2" so you can get the seal started onto the shaft. If the splines are worn on the shaft and needs to be replace, just pull the shaft up and out of the pumps
Thanks, Mike How likely is it that the sudden stop from the thrown rod damaged the pumps? I will probably rebuild them while I have them out...

Mike10

Thanks, Mike How likely is it that the sudden stop from the thrown rod damaged the pumps? I will probably rebuild them while I have them out...
Not likely any damage was done to the pumps. Unless you were having problems with the hydrostat, there is no need to get into them.

OP
OP
P

Patcon

Not likely any damage was done to the pumps. Unless you were having problems with the hydrostat, there is no need to get into them.
This machine is new to me and has a thrown rod. So I am working on repowering this machine but know nothing about it. I assume it was being used when they blew it up. We will see. I was debating on whether to fix it or not but it is probably my cheapest route to get a running machine as I am very mechanically inclined and can do pretty much all this work myself...

mfyock

This machine is new to me and has a thrown rod. So I am working on repowering this machine but know nothing about it. I assume it was being used when they blew it up. We will see. I was debating on whether to fix it or not but it is probably my cheapest route to get a running machine as I am very mechanically inclined and can do pretty much all this work myself...
I hope you got it cheap! I assume there is a hole in the block? Your going to be at about $1,000 for a block, if you can find one. Rebuild kit is a about $650. Through in some machining bills for the crank and you will be at about 2k min plus labor...That's assuming the turbo is good and the injectors don't need gone over..

OP
OP
P

Patcon

I hope you got it cheap! I assume there is a hole in the block? Your going to be at about $1,000 for a block, if you can find one. Rebuild kit is a about $650. Through in some machining bills for the crank and you will be at about 2k min plus labor...That's assuming the turbo is good and the injectors don't need gone over..
I did get it cheap, at least I feel like I did. I gave about $1,500 for it, "A pig in a poke..." so to speak but you are correct repairs add up quickly. I have way more than that in it now. If I can finish sorting it, it will still be cheaper than any used machines I have seen and freshly rebuilt engine and pumps