Can I put in a Isuzu thermo king into a 763 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

adaschum

Hello, does anyone know if you can convert a Bobcat 763 and put in a Isuzu thermoking engine in it. Curious if theres a way to make it happen, as I see it there isn't. The engine doesn't seem to be able to mount to the side engine mount.

Bobcatdan

Anything can be done if one wants. I think the biggest challenge would be rigging up a drive belt pulley beside making a custom bellhousing. That said, there is no small diesel I'd use over Kubota.

Mikefromcny

Anything can be done if one wants. I think the biggest challenge would be rigging up a drive belt pulley beside making a custom bellhousing. That said, there is no small diesel I'd use over Kubota.
Unless you already have the engine, Carrier transicold reefers use Kubotas, larger units use the V2203, which is what your machine has. Its pretty much a bolt in deal.

mmsllc

Unless you already have the engine, Carrier transicold reefers use Kubotas, larger units use the V2203, which is what your machine has. Its pretty much a bolt in deal.
THAT is some good news to have. It seems hard to know where to (affordably) source these parts. IT truly helps to get that sort of info put into this forum. Hopefully, you just helped us all out, if we are ever in need. "Thanks", man!!!!

rodbuilder

Bottom line is, if it's a 763 NO! It came with a Kubota, so you would need the bellhousing and all the other parts to mate it to your pump, etc. Do it right - buy a Kubota.

rodbuilder

..........and if you DID use a TK reefer engine the dipstick tube is on the opposite side of the block and your fuel shutoff is located in a slightly different place than the Bobcat Kubota, so the Bobcat/Kubota solenoid won't work!!. Been there and done that!!! Bobcat has a nasty habit of "bastardizing" a lot of the parts on their machines.