Bobcat 610 installing a 730s backhoe?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gauge

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and bobcats in general. I own a 610 (year unknown) at it runs and operates great. Yesterday I found my self with the opportunity to purchase a bobcat 730s backhoe attachment with the optional rear legs dirty cheap, so I took it.
This maybe a subjective question, but will it be possible to run the 730s off the little 610?
The 610 does have the third pedal, but none of the auxiliary lines are run (so I need to investigate that).
The 730s is complete, but will need a few tweaks to attach, low pin mounts would need to be cut for the narrower mounting pattern of the 610 and balls installed for the top mounting arms.
Is this endeavour foolish or is it possible? I look forward to hearing some responses.
Thanks
Gauge

laurencen

if I recall the 730s has the legs on the attachment and the controls sit just inside cab, Im sure it can be adapted to the 610, may make it front heavy, if it has the rear optional rear legs I would plumb them from attachment than rebuild the 3rd spool on the 610

OP
OP
G

Gauge

if I recall the 730s has the legs on the attachment and the controls sit just inside cab, Im sure it can be adapted to the 610, may make it front heavy, if it has the rear optional rear legs I would plumb them from attachment than rebuild the 3rd spool on the 610
That's correct Laurencen the 730s does have two legs on the attachment, plus this came with two additional legs for the rear.

laurencen

on my 743 the rear legs are to keep the front down when using an attachment requiring down pressure, with the bucket off you can almost lift the front by hand, the bakhow attachment will fill that need, I would try it first