Bobcat m610 issues and questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bryantar74

I recently bought an old m610. I really have enjoyed using it.

I'm wondering if anyone can answer a few questions.

1. Is it supposed to steer in any of the speeds? (I think there are three speed setting). Mine used to turn fine in the slow one but killed the machine if I tried to turn in the higher ones.

2. Today when I was using it it just stopped turning. It will go forward and backwards just fine. I noticed when I was trying to get it back to shoot would turn kinda in the middle speed setting but would not turn in slow and high would still kill the machine.
When I bough it the guy I got it from had just replaced the clutch's. Could the just need adjusted?

Thanks very much

Last edited:

Ceilingwalker

Thank you for posting this. I just purchased a 1973 M610 that will run fine but then, without warning, as soon as I go to drive it will die. Then I have to wait about 20 minutes before it will start again. Mine has the original Wisconsin Engine and, according to the gentleman I purchased it from, the clutches had just been replaced. My neighbor with a New Holland skidder told me this is typical of my model Bobcat.

What do you mean by, "street" in your original question? Mine tends to misbehave when I pull that lever that makes it drive faster and I wondered if that's what you meant by that word?