bobcat 763 cranks no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

OK will try that. Is there a drain plug to drain the fuel or will I have to suck it all out somehow. Thanks for all your help so far
Not sure on that one I would just pull the fuel line off the injector and let it drain when you put in the new filter look on to of the houseing for a bleed plug

antfarmer2

Not sure on that one I would just pull the fuel line off the injector and let it drain when you put in the new filter look on to of the houseing for a bleed plug
Sorry on yours before the shut off and hook a hose to it to get to a bucket

HarryN

I would change the fuel filter and the fuel then bleed and drive away
To answer your question, Yes, there is a drain for your fuel tank as well as for the chain case.
It is located under the 763. Remove the 3 bolts from the small metal plate. The two plugs can be seen from there provided it is not filled up with crap and mud, etc. BUT, you better have a replacement plug once you pull the plug as it probably will not be re-useable. Easy change if you can put the 763 on a lift. Pain in the butt if you have to do on the ground.
 photo BobcatDrainPlug-1.jpg
This is the rubber plug and push tab for either the fuel tank or chain case

photo Bobcat10-4-11001.jpg
This is the plate you have to remove under the 763 to access the plugs. Be ready for a flood once you remove the plugs!
Good luck

Bobcatdan

To answer your question, Yes, there is a drain for your fuel tank as well as for the chain case.
It is located under the 763. Remove the 3 bolts from the small metal plate. The two plugs can be seen from there provided it is not filled up with crap and mud, etc. BUT, you better have a replacement plug once you pull the plug as it probably will not be re-useable. Easy change if you can put the 763 on a lift. Pain in the butt if you have to do on the ground.

This is the plate you have to remove under the 763 to access the plugs. Be ready for a flood once you remove the plugs!
Good luck
Between what you said your code is and what the solenoid is doing, that is your problem. Start simple and check the fuse for it. Check the wiring going to the solenoid for rubs and if all looks fine, replace the solenoid.

OP
OP
J

Good luck
OK tried that. Still no go. I took one of the fuel lines off if an injector and cranked it to see if I have fuel coming out. I do not have fuel coming out of the lines at all. Any ideas.

OP
OP
J
OK tried that. Still no go. I took one of the fuel lines off if an injector and cranked it to see if I have fuel coming out. I do not have fuel coming out of the lines at all. Any ideas.
I checked the fuses and relays. They are good. The solenoid is already brand new. Just put it on. When I go to crank it the solenoid switches on but only stays there for 2 seconds then switches back to stop

antfarmer2

I checked the fuses and relays. They are good. The solenoid is already brand new. Just put it on. When I go to crank it the solenoid switches on but only stays there for 2 seconds then switches back to stop
Open up a bleeder in the system and put some light pressure in the fuel tank if still no fuel you have a pluged or broken pick up tube in the tank

OP
OP
J
Open up a bleeder in the system and put some light pressure in the fuel tank if still no fuel you have a pluged or broken pick up tube in the tank
I opened the bleeder and squeezed the priming bulb and I have fuel coming out. Would that matter or do I still need to try applying light presser in the tank

antfarmer2

Yes I put a new filter on it. Yes I also have a bleeder screw on top too
Ok open that bleeder then pump the ball or put light pressure in the tank if still no fuel you have a pluged fuel line or your pick up tube broke or fell off very common or you have no fuel in the tank more common than you think lol

antfarmer2

Ok open that bleeder then pump the ball or put light pressure in the tank if still no fuel you have a pluged fuel line or your pick up tube broke or fell off very common or you have no fuel in the tank more common than you think lol
Sorry did not see that you have fuel there ok your good once you have no air comming out that bleeder put the plug in and go to the next bleeder do not need air in the tank just sqwish your ball

OP
OP
J
Yup when I pump the ball I have fuel coming out of the bleeder. I know I had fuel cause I just out some in. Lol. I just can't get the fuel up to the injectors for some reason.