Bobcat 763 steering question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

outofsight

My bobcat had really jumpy steering and was not able to go full speed on the left side. Replaced steering bushings swapped steering blocks to the unused side and rotated the steering cams to a new surface. Adjusted the Creep out if both sides. Runs awesome now going forward but left side reverse is about 1/8t of normal speed. What can I do to fix this bugger now? Thanks

AtlantaBill

I have similar jumpy steering problem on my 753. I haven't dove into checking the bushings, etc. yet. I do have good power on both sides when backing up, so I'm hoping this means drive motors are ok, just one side, forward, steering is loose (worn bushings).

OP
OP
O

outofsight

I should have added. Before I changed the steering bushings it would not run full speed on the left side. So I replaced the bushings and then turned the rectangular plates to the unused side. So now forwar is great! But reverse sucks. I struggled like crazy getting the dang Creep in neutral to zero and I just feel like there might be a stop to adjust. Or I Mayne overtightened the spring the keeps pressure on the plate. I did have 3-1/4" of spring compression before I removed it.im not sure what to adjust with out messing up and making it creep again.
PS ...I have a lot more respect for bobcat mechanics now after working on this old turd!

laurencen

the creep is not removed by compressing the springs its eliminated by setting the cams (rectangular plates) put machine on stands, put a lock washer under head of the bolts, set blocks close loosen bolts 1/4 turn and start machine, have someone move lever to get neutral and use a punch to move block towards rollers the second helper holds lever firm, repeat till neutral is set and tighten bolts

works every time even a machine Bobcat could not get neutral on, we can have no creep in under 10 mins when ready to go cab up and on blocks

OP
OP
O

outofsight

Ok so I could not get full speed on the left drive so I changed out the bushings, swapped the rectangular brackets and then reset everything so I have zero creep. Now it runs full sped forward on both sides. My issue is that noe my left side reverse is easy slower than the right side. Not sure what adjustments change the speed of travel on the drives since I have zero creep. I hate to start all over with adjusting things with out some guidance on what to do.