bobcat 763 cranks no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

OK I got it bled the priming bulb is rock hard. Still will not fire and still no fuel coming out of fuel line at the injectors
Did you wire the shut off open...........did you crack the line at the injector and still no fuel..........is there a inline filter in there some where that is pluged........has to be something simple we are missing

OP
OP
J
Did you wire the shut off open...........did you crack the line at the injector and still no fuel..........is there a inline filter in there some where that is pluged........has to be something simple we are missing
Yup I wired the solenoid open and the line is cracked. And still no fuel coming out. I don't see any other filers either. Its weird. It probably is something simple too

antfarmer2

Yup I wired the solenoid open and the line is cracked. And still no fuel coming out. I don't see any other filers either. Its weird. It probably is something simple too
We know the prob is between the fuel filter and the injector lines I have heard the fuel rack can get stuck or pluged have not messed with that I would email Tazza in here that must be it unless you have a ele fuel pump Tazza is in AU so you might have wait till he wakes up

antfarmer2

We know the prob is between the fuel filter and the injector lines I have heard the fuel rack can get stuck or pluged have not messed with that I would email Tazza in here that must be it unless you have a ele fuel pump Tazza is in AU so you might have wait till he wakes up
Just a thought mine has a cable to open the fuel rack does yours?......... did you open it lol

Bobcatdan

Yeah not seeing any cable
You have no cable, that is what the solenoid is for. If the you have fuel, but it is not getting to anything, first I'd pull the line of the fuel transfer pump and run it into a bucket. Have somebody crank the engine over while you watch fuel flow. The pump isn't high flow or pressure, but it should push a decent amount of fuel out. If that looks OK, then it could be the fuel rack sticking. That is internal in the pump housing.

antfarmer2

You have no cable, that is what the solenoid is for. If the you have fuel, but it is not getting to anything, first I'd pull the line of the fuel transfer pump and run it into a bucket. Have somebody crank the engine over while you watch fuel flow. The pump isn't high flow or pressure, but it should push a decent amount of fuel out. If that looks OK, then it could be the fuel rack sticking. That is internal in the pump housing.
Can't see it from here but think my cable is where your soliniod is I like the low tech

bobcatguy

OK I got it bled the priming bulb is rock hard. Still will not fire and still no fuel coming out of fuel line at the injectors
Did you find the small wheel mentioned earlier? I forgot about those being on the 763. It's about the size of a nickel. If you didn't open it when bleeding your engine might not start. You turn the wheel and then pump the bulb 3 or 4 times after you've bled up to the filter. The fact that you have smoke would indicate that you're getting fuel to me. Is the engine skipping at all when you try to start it? You could be getting spurts of fuel and air if it's not bled properly. Sorry it took so long to check back.

bobcatguy

Did you find the small wheel mentioned earlier? I forgot about those being on the 763. It's about the size of a nickel. If you didn't open it when bleeding your engine might not start. You turn the wheel and then pump the bulb 3 or 4 times after you've bled up to the filter. The fact that you have smoke would indicate that you're getting fuel to me. Is the engine skipping at all when you try to start it? You could be getting spurts of fuel and air if it's not bled properly. Sorry it took so long to check back.
Almost forgot, the fuel solenoid has a pull and a hold coil. My dad's machine did something like this a while back and we swapped relays just to be sure we had a good on in place and his machine fired.

OP
OP
J
Almost forgot, the fuel solenoid has a pull and a hold coil. My dad's machine did something like this a while back and we swapped relays just to be sure we had a good on in place and his machine fired.
I finally got fuel coming out of the lines when squeezing the priming bulb. Had some blockage coming out of the pump. I know I got fuel coming out when squeezing priming bulb. But not sure while cranking. The machine still cranks but will not start. The priming bulb is hard too

antfarmer2

I finally got fuel coming out of the lines when squeezing the priming bulb. Had some blockage coming out of the pump. I know I got fuel coming out when squeezing priming bulb. But not sure while cranking. The machine still cranks but will not start. The priming bulb is hard too
Did you open that little wheel if it has it bleed then close?......did you spray wd40 when trying to start.....some of that crap might have found it's way to the injectors

Tazza

Staff member
Did you open that little wheel if it has it bleed then close?......did you spray wd40 when trying to start.....some of that crap might have found it's way to the injectors
I have been in contact with him, throwing a few ideas out there.
As the primer bulb is hard, the bleed screw is closed. He is getting fuel to the injector lines, but still not starting. I suggested he pull the injectors down one at a time to make sure they are not stuck. I have had many injectors stick when not used for some time. I dismantle them and some times need to hold the base of the nozzle in the vice and lever the other part up to get it out. A bit of WD40 and compressed air to make them move feeely does wonders.
If you do this, NEVER touch any moving parts with wet and dry. They shoudl free up after you pull them out. Push and pull, even twist them to free up any junk that is in there.

antfarmer2

I have been in contact with him, throwing a few ideas out there.
As the primer bulb is hard, the bleed screw is closed. He is getting fuel to the injector lines, but still not starting. I suggested he pull the injectors down one at a time to make sure they are not stuck. I have had many injectors stick when not used for some time. I dismantle them and some times need to hold the base of the nozzle in the vice and lever the other part up to get it out. A bit of WD40 and compressed air to make them move feeely does wonders.
If you do this, NEVER touch any moving parts with wet and dry. They shoudl free up after you pull them out. Push and pull, even twist them to free up any junk that is in there.
Then he is in the best of hands and will be up and running soon