Bobcat 743 service manual desperately needed and will it turn over if one glow plug is broken off and cant be removed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

As far as the broken glow plug, I have had some luck with welding a washer over it, and then a nut to that. The old GM 6.5's would always mushroom at the tip and had to try to pry or slide hammer them out. Was worth a try before pulling the heads!
I was going to suggest a easy out but like this idea too

OP
OP

743needhelp

I was going to suggest a easy out but like this idea too
After I filled the radiator water kept going down slowly. Cranked it and water shoots out of overflow tank lid hole and exhaust. The exhaust mainfold is not on if that matters. Is the engine done for or any ideas of what might be going on. It seems to mostly come out of the second exhaust hole.

OldMachinist

After I filled the radiator water kept going down slowly. Cranked it and water shoots out of overflow tank lid hole and exhaust. The exhaust mainfold is not on if that matters. Is the engine done for or any ideas of what might be going on. It seems to mostly come out of the second exhaust hole.
If the coolant is coming out the exhaust port then either you have a cracked head or a blown head gasket.

Tazza

Staff member
Ise out something I could maybe fix or is out not worth it. Should I just get a reefer v2203 or any suggestions on how to proceed
If you are getting coolant out of the exhaust, you will need to pull the head, something is not right..
A head crack is likely i'm afraid.

Tazza

Staff member
They can be fixed, but it will be for a cost. SOme times it's cheaper to buy a new head if you want to keep the V1702, but for the price, installing a used V2203 is better value. It has more power, newer style of pre-combustion chambers. They start better than the older V1702.
If you can get your hands on V2203DI they are even better as they are direct injection and start very easily. Not needed, but if you have a choice, the DI is better.

OP
OP

743needhelp

Hello again what did you decide to do?
Hey there friend I was hoping you might see this:> I replaced the engine with the 2203-DI but having a little trouble making sure I hook it up right. I posted a new forum for those problems and have been outside tying to hook up some stuff and hope I am doing it right since mostly guessing:<

OP
OP

743needhelp

Hey there friend I was hoping you might see this:> I replaced the engine with the 2203-DI but having a little trouble making sure I hook it up right. I posted a new forum for those problems and have been outside tying to hook up some stuff and hope I am doing it right since mostly guessing:<
I hope you and the family had a nice turkey day by the way Dan.