743b engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

melcha187

well i think my engine finally gave out today. its had blow by so i knew it would happen but i wanted it to be later then sooner. it would not start wednesday so i gave it a blast of starter fluid and it kicked over i ran it all day and it would start right up after i shut it off. today i went to start it and even with starter fluid it would not kick over. had my shop mechanic trouble shoot it but he thinks its dead motor. he is going to run compression test monday. i was wondering whats the best way to go to either rebuild engine or just buy a remanned?

antfarmer2

Buy a 2203 more hp and can get them all day long for under 1500.00 if you have a choice get a direct injection

OP
OP
M

melcha187

Keep your engine will need to swap a few pieces the you can sell your core
where should i buy engine from i was looking at a remanned from loaderpartsource.com Kubota V1702 Engine its like 4 grand and 1200 core charge. i like your idea of adding more power but is it compatible or does it need to be modified to fit

OP
OP
M

melcha187

where should i buy engine from i was looking at a remanned from loaderpartsource.com Kubota V1702 Engine its like 4 grand and 1200 core charge. i like your idea of adding more power but is it compatible or does it need to be modified to fit
this machine works everyday so i need to figure something out with in next week or 2. but if i replace motor id like to just pull old one out and put new one in as simple as possible. and thanks for all your input antfarmer you helped me out big when i did the undercarriage over on this machine

antfarmer2

Have to swap some parts off your and drill your front motor mount you go from 36 to 51 hp and never look back where are you located at

antfarmer2

Have to swap some parts off your and drill your front motor mount you go from 36 to 51 hp and never look back where are you located at
When you pull the engine there are two steel lines that cross at a 90 just to the right of center that I had to replace and one in the shroud that are prone to fail did mine local bend for a hundred bucks and buy a new set of ujoints from loaderparts ......I pulled my rad and cooler and muffler in one piece made it alot easyer and got a good cleaning

antfarmer2

When you pull the engine there are two steel lines that cross at a 90 just to the right of center that I had to replace and one in the shroud that are prone to fail did mine local bend for a hundred bucks and buy a new set of ujoints from loaderparts ......I pulled my rad and cooler and muffler in one piece made it alot easyer and got a good cleaning
Ebay has some but any trucking place should be able to find one they use them in reefers

OP
OP
M

melcha187

im located in boston mass, i dont wanna make it a bigger project then it is. is it a kuboto motor? so you had to drill motor mount and change a couple lines. what parts do you need to change over from engine

OP
OP
M

melcha187

im located in boston mass, i dont wanna make it a bigger project then it is. is it a kuboto motor? so you had to drill motor mount and change a couple lines. what parts do you need to change over from engine
what does the 2203 come out of

antfarmer2

Yes it is a kubota motor the lines are just something you need to check since your in there.......need to swap your oil pan your bell houseing maybe your fly wheel and your intake a bit of grinding on your front mout and move two holes from what I found out was looking into it for mine but still running good sounds like the best and easyest fix and cheapest a weekend job with plenty of beer time

antfarmer2

Yes it is a kubota motor the lines are just something you need to check since your in there.......need to swap your oil pan your bell houseing maybe your fly wheel and your intake a bit of grinding on your front mout and move two holes from what I found out was looking into it for mine but still running good sounds like the best and easyest fix and cheapest a weekend job with plenty of beer time
Alot of thing but from what I found reefer trucks so never run hard but will need to change the governer

OP
OP
M

melcha187

Supply and demand there are a lot more of them but will still need to swap parts
skidsteerpower.com im gunna call them monday morning. they say they will prep it before shipping it out to fit 743. so this is the best way to go. replace it with 2203. dont bother rebuilding motor or replaceing with original?

antfarmer2

skidsteerpower.com im gunna call them monday morning. they say they will prep it before shipping it out to fit 743. so this is the best way to go. replace it with 2203. dont bother rebuilding motor or replaceing with original?
That's what I am going to do when the time comes just remember you have 15 more hp it's going to be a beast just don't tear it up