Working/burst pressure of copper tubing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tech.35058

While repairing some leaks on my NH LX865, I have become aware that the charge pressure monitoring switch has been deleted from my machine. ( yes it is a raggedy old machine).
My 10,000 psi test gauge indicates an engine running charge pressure of about 350 psi, the manual specifies to "(check with a gauge capable of 600 psi)".Spec is 250-500 psi) I am too cheap to buy the factory switch ($80-130?), & try to figure how to wire back into the "(Electronic information center -EIC?)" which has a failing display. I can get a 600 psi gauge via Ebay for about $15. Now to mount it in the operators compartment. I had in mind to use hydraulic hose adequate for the relatively low pressure for the flex portions of the route, but I was considering copper tubing for the straight or non flexing runs.
Copper tubing should be fine if engine oil pressure , 40-120 ish psi, but never? for hydraulics. But would 600 psi be within working pressure, or should I go Hydraulic hose all the way? I have plenty of worn & deteriorated hyd hoses in my life already.

Fabricator

Maybe this will help. Working pressures are going to depend on diameter and type of copper tubing.
astm_b88_seamless_copper_tube_K_L_M_working_pressure.png

Latest posts