Wisconsin Vh4d

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nerker

I am trying to put together an older non running bobcat (model 630) with the Four cylinder V four. The PO started disassembling the upper part of the engine and I have the governor and linkage in a coffee can! I could really use a picture of the VH4D governor mounted in the engine with the linkage attached so I can get it installed right. As of now it is a jigsaw puzzle with springs, arms and cotter pins. Thanks in advance, Tom

flyerdan

There is a site that I found with all kinds of Wisconsin manuals , including one specific to governors. It's in the manual thread as well.
There is a pretty active facebook group for these old clutch machines, Melroe Owners of America. If you get stuck on anything they probably have a solution posted.

OP
OP
N

nerker

There is a site that I found with all kinds of Wisconsin manuals , including one specific to governors. It's in the manual thread as well.
There is a pretty active facebook group for these old clutch machines, Melroe Owners of America. If you get stuck on anything they probably have a solution posted.
Flyerdan, I do have the Wisconsin parts manual but it does not show the attachment of the linkages to the carburetor and spring/rod attachments. The great bobcat download site does not seem to have anything earlier than the 743 bobcat. I am not a member of facebook, but I will ask one of my friends who is an active member to check the Melroe site. Still would like to see a picture of the mounting in a complete engine if possible. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and I will follow up on Facebook. Tom

173rdABNVN

Flyerdan, I do have the Wisconsin parts manual but it does not show the attachment of the linkages to the carburetor and spring/rod attachments. The great bobcat download site does not seem to have anything earlier than the 743 bobcat. I am not a member of facebook, but I will ask one of my friends who is an active member to check the Melroe site. Still would like to see a picture of the mounting in a complete engine if possible. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and I will follow up on Facebook. Tom
I check out the Melrose site every day on Facebook. There are some very knowledgeable guys on that site that I'm sure could help you...russ

craigb93

I check out the Melrose site every day on Facebook. There are some very knowledgeable guys on that site that I'm sure could help you...russ
See if this helps. https://www.foleyengines.com/tech-tip-182-hoofpierce-governor-instructional-guide/ *Hoof makes most of the governors anyway.

OP
OP
N

nerker

See if this helps. https://www.foleyengines.com/tech-tip-182-hoofpierce-governor-instructional-guide/ *Hoof makes most of the governors anyway.
Thank you craigb93! That explains what I need to reassemble the governor and adjust linkages. I never would have found the information without your help. Best regards, Tom