Wiring schematics bobcat S-250. Serial #:321313656

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Daveb68

I have a Bobcat S-250 serial#: 321313656
i have a few wires coming out of one of the larger black plugs that has approximately 24 wires coming out of each side of the plug with two levels of wires, Re: 12 on the top & 12 on the bottom with mostly green wires in the center of plug & mostly red wires on the left & the right sides of this plug.
On what appears to be the right side of this same (plug which is located just behind the rear of the fuse panel & slightly to the right of we're the brake solenoid is located) if you were looking down into this compartment that is visible when the cab is lifted up underneath the operators seat & again on this same larger black plug there is one thicker gauge wire coming out that is cut in half & it is a red wire with a thick white stripe going down the length of this wire & this is one of the wires I am trying to figure out we're it goes too & what it's purpose is?
I am also trying to figure out we're & what the purpose of a smaller gauge solid red wire coming from the same plug & would be located right next to we're the severed red wire with the white stripe is located (but I'm not shore if this red wire is located on the top or the bottom portion of wires coming in & out of this plug because it appears to have been corroded to the point to we're it has snapped off of the plug all together and is laying unattached next to the plug. I believe this smaller gauge solid red wire would be a constant 12 voltage powered wire because it appears that who ever did the very poor work on this wiring issue I am dealing with had spliced in another wire to the corroded snapped off red wire with one of those cheap blue snatch locks trying to get a constant 12 volt feed out of it because the other end of that wire is going back to the positive side of the main engine battery, for some reason that I am not aware of.
But one of these two wires could be a possible wire attached to the hold side of the brake solenoid because I am having trouble with my brake solenoid intermittently locking up on me & one of the troubleshooting reasons it gave me was a possible faulty wire or poor ground and the other wire could have something to do with a constant 12 volt power supply to the main computer or something else contributing to constant power to the machine as that is often a problem that keeps happening not always allowing power to the machine and often either attributing to no power or dimly lit lights & very low power that eventually leads to either no power at all or at times it may start the machine up but with a weak power supply which makes sense seeing that there is such a mess going on in this one plug.

brdgbldr

You definitely need a service manual. I've had good luck on eBay for the paper copies. There are several websites that sell the electronic copies too. Bobcat sells both but wants a fortune for them but they are invaluable at times.

Hopefully someone on here can get you a copy of the wiring diagram. Otherwise, a Bobcat dealer may be willing to give you a copy of just the wiring diagram if you ask nicely.

OP
OP
Daveb68

Daveb68

You definitely need a service manual. I've had good luck on eBay for the paper copies. There are several websites that sell the electronic copies too. Bobcat sells both but wants a fortune for them but they are invaluable at times.

Hopefully someone on here can get you a copy of the wiring diagram. Otherwise, a Bobcat dealer may be willing to give you a copy of just the wiring diagram if you ask nicely.
Thanks for your help.
I do have the service manual but the wiring schematics in the back are confusing and I don't believe there even the right ones.

brdgbldr

If the service manual covers your serial number, then the wiring diagrams should be correct.

They can be confusing, but if you sit down and take a close look at them they will start to make sense. The problem that I always have with them is the wire colors. The color of the wires fade and get dirty so it can be hard to match them to the diagram. It also doesn't help when someone has repaired the wires with whatever wiring they had lying around.

OP
OP
Daveb68

Daveb68

If the service manual covers your serial number, then the wiring diagrams should be correct.

They can be confusing, but if you sit down and take a close look at them they will start to make sense. The problem that I always have with them is the wire colors. The color of the wires fade and get dirty so it can be hard to match them to the diagram. It also doesn't help when someone has repaired the wires with whatever wiring they had lying around.
Thanks for your help.

thanks again, I ap your help. They are making sense your right.