wiring for a snowblower on 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dougbigfoot

I want to wire a fuse holder into the existing system on my 853. I am adding two momentary switches on a panel in the cab that will operate the chute adjustment solenoids. Are there any switched wires in the cab or do I have to find a relay in the engine compartment? doug

skidsteer.ca

Just the ignition switch. You would be better off pulling current from the starter solinoid and using a relay to interupt it, controlled by the key.
I tapped into the left hand switches on my 773G and wired them to relays for the same purpose. Not sure if your 853 has switches on the left hand side. You can buy a handle top from Bobcat with two 3 way momentarys and one 3 way and one 2 way switch for @ $120. They have been used on all the 773 s175 loaders from 2000 on.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dougbigfoot

Just the ignition switch. You would be better off pulling current from the starter solinoid and using a relay to interupt it, controlled by the key.
I tapped into the left hand switches on my 773G and wired them to relays for the same purpose. Not sure if your 853 has switches on the left hand side. You can buy a handle top from Bobcat with two 3 way momentarys and one 3 way and one 2 way switch for @ $120. They have been used on all the 773 s175 loaders from 2000 on.
Ken
thanks, no, i don't have the left hand switches. that is one option I am considering. any sources for used parts available?

Latest posts