Winter Wiper Blade?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scotiadallas

I've got a Bobcat S650 and regularly snowblow in central British Columbia. The current wiper blade is a "summer" blade, it is exposed and constantly plugs with ice and snow then stops working.

I've searched high and low for a winter blade (encased in rubber) but I can't find anything (even called my dealer). Does anyone know of such a thing? Also, if Bobcat doesn't have one, can anyone suggest an aftermarket wiper that fits the Bobcat wiper system?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.36.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.36.01 PM.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 53

Phil314

I used to use a Bosch blade on my truck just like you describe. But I haven't seen them in a while.
Most winter blades now are a curved solid beam style.
They don't require a rubber cover since it doesn't have all the legs.

I replaced the blade on my S650 a while back.
I think I just used a regular auto blade with one of the adapters.

OP
OP
scotiadallas

scotiadallas

I used to use a Bosch blade on my truck just like you describe. But I haven't seen them in a while.
Most winter blades now are a curved solid beam style.
They don't require a rubber cover since it doesn't have all the legs.

I replaced the blade on my S650 a while back.
I think I just used a regular auto blade with one of the adapters.
Ah, that's brilliant. I think I will take in the existing blade and see if I can find a winter blade with an adapter that will work for the Bobcat.

On another note, FYI and anyone reading this: I checked with my local dealer, they have never heard of a winter blade for a Bobcat and I contacted Bobcat directly and they couldn't tell me anything.

Sarastructions

I had a similar issue... I ended up buying a 28" blade (my bobcat measured 27") and just drilled out the hole a little in the wiper... and added a washer to each side of the wiper just to snug it up... put the original bolt back through and done... I was able to use one of the new wiper blades by rainex that have a silicone blade that seem to last the longest up here in at attitude with our brutal sun... the Rainex blades are pricey at about $35 but still cheaper than what bobcat wanted at $75 (good lord)

Latest posts