Will an s150 with radial lift work for me or do I need s175 vertical lift?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydesdale

I will occasionally be dumping into my Cam Superline dump trailer. It is low profile, so it has fenders that are 11 inches wide. It is also about 6.5 feet high with the sides. The s150 has a reach of 18 inches at the top of its lift. So I would have to waste 11 inches of that on reaching over the fenders. It appears it will work and I am looking at a used s150. But, if it won't work or you are aware of something that I am not, please let me know. Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
It's really hard to say without actually testing it. Vertical lift is ideal for loading trucks as you already know, radial lift will mean the bucket isn't sticking out as far at the point of dumping into the trailer.
I'm sure you would be fine with using the S150, as others will use the same machine with trailers, but if you had that little extra bit of reach, you may be happier.
Hopefully someone else will put in their 2c that have been in this situation.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

It's really hard to say without actually testing it. Vertical lift is ideal for loading trucks as you already know, radial lift will mean the bucket isn't sticking out as far at the point of dumping into the trailer.
I'm sure you would be fine with using the S150, as others will use the same machine with trailers, but if you had that little extra bit of reach, you may be happier.
Hopefully someone else will put in their 2c that have been in this situation.
I am hoping it will work. I am still considering purchasing this 2010 s150 with 750hrs, 709 backhoe, 4 in 1 bucket, pallet fork and, truck snow plow with a fabbed up quick attach plate. The price is $22,500 and includes a ratty, but functional trailer. But, if it don't work, it don't work.

Tazza

Staff member
I am hoping it will work. I am still considering purchasing this 2010 s150 with 750hrs, 709 backhoe, 4 in 1 bucket, pallet fork and, truck snow plow with a fabbed up quick attach plate. The price is $22,500 and includes a ratty, but functional trailer. But, if it don't work, it don't work.
Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

mmsllc

I tested the skid steer and it dumps into my trailer with no problem. It will reach across the center of the trailer. No issue at all.
I would suggest the vertical lift machine. If this is a good 'enough' machine for now, what about loading taller trailers or trucks? Just think of when you upgrade to a taller sided truck or trailer.....It might be worth the extra cash to buy a slightly better machine for when your business begins to expand......Try to remember, "it is better to have it & Not need it, then need it & Not have it!"

Latest posts