White smoke coming from exhaust at high rpm while tracking TL8

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

new trackloader guy

Been hearing a hissing (like air) noise when moving the bucket or activating attachments with the hydraulic hose. It has been getting worse over the past few days. I turned it on, didn't hear the noise, revved it up to full power and went to scoop some sand. Noise got worse and then completely cut out. Followed by white smoke coming from the exhaust. Turn it down to half speed and smoke goes away. Full speed and the smoke returns. The noise came and went and we couldn't find any obvious answers, and I figured it was a hydraulic pump going bad. The white smoke now has me a bit worried. Side note- this is our first track loader and ever since we bought it we could smell a faint coolant smell. We were told by the previous owners that it has always had that smell, especially in the winter. The smell came and went so we didn't worry too much with it. 2019 w/ 1200 hours.

foton

you have looked at the engine oil and it is not milky looking right? and no bubbling in the radiator cap . coolant what ever color of it looks uncontaminated.

OP
OP
N

new trackloader guy

No to the oil- but we may have the fix. Talked to a mechanic today that said to check the hose coming off of the turbo on the exhaust side. If it has oil in it, bad turbo. If it has coolant in it, leaking head gasket on the exhaust side. Based off of the coolant smell and white smoke, we're guessing #2. It doesn't smell like burning oil. We're going to pull that hose off tomorrow and check.