which Bobcat had the Advanced Control System first?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

732_Guy

I am considering another used skid steer and need a joystick machine for cheap. Bobcat came out with its advanced control system (ACS) some time in the 1990s as an option. Does anyone know what machines they were available on?

Tazza

Staff member
If you have your heart set on a hand control machine, go for a newer one. The older ones needed computer updates to take newer actuators and hand controls, i'd suspect they had bugs that the newer ones have hopefully fixed.
Personally, i'd avoid hand controls if you can, but that is your choice. Foot controls are a lot more reliable is all.
That is just my opinion, it's your call in the end though.

OP
OP
732_Guy

732_Guy

If you have your heart set on a hand control machine, go for a newer one. The older ones needed computer updates to take newer actuators and hand controls, i'd suspect they had bugs that the newer ones have hopefully fixed.
Personally, i'd avoid hand controls if you can, but that is your choice. Foot controls are a lot more reliable is all.
That is just my opinion, it's your call in the end though.
Appreciate the input Tazza. I have a Bobcat 732 of course with foot controls on which I find causes great knee pain after about 2 hours, so I need a more ergonomic machine next time. In my fifties, I am pretty sure my foot control days are over. It does look as if Bobcat's Selectable Joystick Control SJC system is well liked. Perhaps that option was available around 2000 =/- so used machines are in a good supply. One of the things I have noticed about the earlier Advanced Control System, is that it requires the direction arms to mount on. That seems awkward to me. I doubt I will seek such a machine. I also have a lot of hours on a Kubota SVL70 with the hydraulic joysticks, which were easy on my body. The problem with those machines, aside from the steep price, is the EPA Tier 4 exhaust system which is a total pain in the ass when it decides you need to stop work. ** Hey, is there any way to insert spaces or breaks into these posts? I can't find it. Browser issues maybe?**

Tazza

Staff member
Appreciate the input Tazza. I have a Bobcat 732 of course with foot controls on which I find causes great knee pain after about 2 hours, so I need a more ergonomic machine next time. In my fifties, I am pretty sure my foot control days are over. It does look as if Bobcat's Selectable Joystick Control SJC system is well liked. Perhaps that option was available around 2000 =/- so used machines are in a good supply. One of the things I have noticed about the earlier Advanced Control System, is that it requires the direction arms to mount on. That seems awkward to me. I doubt I will seek such a machine. I also have a lot of hours on a Kubota SVL70 with the hydraulic joysticks, which were easy on my body. The problem with those machines, aside from the steep price, is the EPA Tier 4 exhaust system which is a total pain in the ass when it decides you need to stop work. ** Hey, is there any way to insert spaces or breaks into these posts? I can't find it. Browser issues maybe?**
That's a good reason to go for hand controls, thankfully my knees are still good enough to not get sore with the maount of seat time i get in mine.
For your paragraphs, give it another go. I have edited your profile to enable HTML editing, hopefully it will work now. If not, look up my profile and email me.

Latest posts