Where to find 940 centering device replacement spring?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PCC CFI

Hi folks. I'm working on a friend's 940 and one of the issues is that one of the neutral centering device springs is broken. I've been looking for hours for a replacement spring or a complete centering device and I am not having any good luck. Can any of you direct me to a source for the spring or the entire assembly?

Thank you for any help,
Gil

OP
OP
P

PCC CFI

Hey Firefighter. The spring arrived and I got it installed and everything works great, as far as that is concerned. Thank you.

Now that that problem is fixed, I can move on to the other problem this machine has. That's a subject for a new thread.

Thanks again,
Gil

T-bar

Hi fellas, I'm new to the forum, and Mustangs, and this thread was of particular interest, as my 940E creeps forward (well, more than creeps, to be honest) unless the T-bar stick is pulled back slightly. Is this likely to be caused by the neutral spring you're talking about ? Where is this located. The problem is made worse because the park brake doesn't work, and the starting has been converted to push button, and requires 2 hands, so you can't actually hold the T-bar while starting the engine. I appreciate any help you can offer. Cheers

polishpete

the bolts that the spring is on i believe theor is two u have to put the macgine
on blocks than adjust it till u get neutral

Firefighter

usually with neutral spring broke u can move t bar in one direction and it will stay, if it returns but still creeps it probably just needs adjusted, using the threaded rod that connects to the ball joint, if the ball joint has lots of play
it needs replaced, the red cap on the back of it should be removed n filled with oil and reinstalled its used for lubrication

T-bar

usually with neutral spring broke u can move t bar in one direction and it will stay, if it returns but still creeps it probably just needs adjusted, using the threaded rod that connects to the ball joint, if the ball joint has lots of play
it needs replaced, the red cap on the back of it should be removed n filled with oil and reinstalled its used for lubrication
Thank you. I got stuck into it yesterday, and yep, got her sorted out a bit. It was mostly adjustment, but there is a flogged out Heim joint, and someone had used a 5/16" bolt where there should have been a 3/8", so even more play. I've got it so it doesn't creep any more, so that's a good start. There appeared to be something missing inside the T-bar cover, there were 2 lugs, with holes in, that were doing nothing. Is this what where the spring is supposed to go ? I couldn't see any other springs in the mechanism, all of the "spring action" came from the 2 neutral return devices . . . . . . Cheers for the tip about filling the red caps with oil, I'll do that today. Light oil ? Heavy oil ? Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the help.

T-bar

Thank you. I got stuck into it yesterday, and yep, got her sorted out a bit. It was mostly adjustment, but there is a flogged out Heim joint, and someone had used a 5/16" bolt where there should have been a 3/8", so even more play. I've got it so it doesn't creep any more, so that's a good start. There appeared to be something missing inside the T-bar cover, there were 2 lugs, with holes in, that were doing nothing. Is this what where the spring is supposed to go ? I couldn't see any other springs in the mechanism, all of the "spring action" came from the 2 neutral return devices . . . . . . Cheers for the tip about filling the red caps with oil, I'll do that today. Light oil ? Heavy oil ? Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the help.
Ah, OK, so I've found the parts manual now, it's a shock absorber that's missing, not a spring !