Where do I buy a radiator cap pressure adaptor? (Bobcat 975)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blaster2005

I'm having trouble buying one for this size opening! The size is 2 1/16" inside x 2 1/2" outside diameter. This adaptor fits on the radiator neck and allows a automotive pressure tester to be used. If anyone know a website or parts store that sells this adaptor, please post it. Thanks, Dean

skidsteer.ca

Leave the stock rad cap on and tie the tester into a "pipe thead" port somewhere on the engine if you can't find the adapter.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Leave the stock rad cap on and tie the tester into a "pipe thead" port somewhere on the engine if you can't find the adapter.
Ken
I never thought about screwing into the engine..... I used an old cap and attached a small hose fitting to connect to my radiator tester as the "standard" one wouldn't fit between the chassis and the radiator. I like Ken's idea though, it would have saved me some effort!!

Fishfiles

I bought an adaptor off e-bay that has been usefull quite a few times , it is about 5 different size rubber bushings all made together in steps with a knob on top , you push it into the throat of the radiator and then screw the knob which tightens it up , on the top of it is a flange that will mate with the end of the tester , about $30

Latest posts