wheel bearings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lgehring

Good morning, hyrda mac 8a. Does anyone have the wheel bearing numbers? The book lists 5209-190,5209-123, 5210-191,5210-124. I would like to find Timken or some other major brand numbers so I can maybe buy them without going through a dealer. The book lists them as cone and cup. I would like to get them before I take it apart. Thanks, lowell

flyerdan

5209 and 5210 are root part numbers for several bearing manufacturers, but they all come up as angular contact. It's highly likely that the parts department deliberately gave their part a misleading number so one can't go to a bearing supply house and get them cheaper.
You might call a local bearing house with your numbers and see if their resources are better. Chances are that the bearing have a Timkin logo and number stamped on them, but you'd have to get them apart to find out.
A Google search of Hydra Mac 8a refers back here as a Gehl 2500, so you might scour that forum for what others have found.

OP
OP
L

lgehring

5209 and 5210 are root part numbers for several bearing manufacturers, but they all come up as angular contact. It's highly likely that the parts department deliberately gave their part a misleading number so one can't go to a bearing supply house and get them cheaper.
You might call a local bearing house with your numbers and see if their resources are better. Chances are that the bearing have a Timkin logo and number stamped on them, but you'd have to get them apart to find out.
A Google search of Hydra Mac 8a refers back here as a Gehl 2500, so you might scour that forum for what others have found.
Thanks flyerdan I will give that a whirl.

Latest posts