What's it worth??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ncunning

Guys New to the forums and would appreciate some advice. I have an acquaintance that has a 1984 New Holland L555 with a belarus diesel engine in it. His wife was using the skid steer last summer and knocked a hole in the oil pan and seized the engine. The skid steer is not in bad shape but it is not in great shape either. He bought a newer CAT to replace the NH and I was thinking of making him an offer to take it off his hands; questions. 1. What should I offer for a semi-decent used skid steer with a bum motor. 2. Anyone ever heard of a belarus diesel engine and know where to get parts. 3. If I can't get parts to rebuild the belarus anyone have any suggestions for a replacement motor, used would be fine and where to get one. Thanks for any help Norm

hybridvigor

I have a belarus tractor that I put a head gasket on. The parts were cheap from parts for belarus. http://www.partsforbelarus.com/ The tractor started this winter with out any starting fluid of glow plugs. It is a crude engine though. Good luck.

frogfarmer

I dont remember belarus being a factory power plant for that unit but any thing is possible. I would verify the engine make and model prior to further decision making so you will know what you are getting into. That machine would bring 500-700 in scrap metal alone. If the pumps and drives are good they could be parted out for a couple grand total. Engine even though it has problems will probably be worth 500 as a core. $3000 would be a legitimate price but I have seen them sell for considerably less. I would start the bidding at 1500 and see what happens. There are alot of engine options for replacement but almost any retro fit will cost more than a good rebuild on an existing engine.

Earthwerks Unlimited

I dont remember belarus being a factory power plant for that unit but any thing is possible. I would verify the engine make and model prior to further decision making so you will know what you are getting into. That machine would bring 500-700 in scrap metal alone. If the pumps and drives are good they could be parted out for a couple grand total. Engine even though it has problems will probably be worth 500 as a core. $3000 would be a legitimate price but I have seen them sell for considerably less. I would start the bidding at 1500 and see what happens. There are alot of engine options for replacement but almost any retro fit will cost more than a good rebuild on an existing engine.
I had an '87 L555 but it had a Perkins 4-108 in it. According to the sales brochure there was a gas engine and a Kubota but no Belarus. When mine needed rebuilding, my buddy bought it from me for $5000 when the economy was good 10 years ago---but it was repainted, new tires and rims, decals, seat, etc. My buddy spent $800 on rebuild parts since they're made in Britian.

I had an '87 L555 but it had a Perkins 4-108 in it. According to the sales brochure there was a gas engine and a Kubota but no Belarus. When mine needed rebuilding, my buddy bought it from me for $5000 when the economy was good 10 years ago---but it was repainted, new tires and rims, decals, seat, etc. My buddy spent $800 on rebuild parts since they're made in Britian.
How many cylinder is the belarus engine? Is it a twin? I know belarus was selling twin engines cheap. someone probaly installed it themselves.