what year

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bludorbronc

i have a 542b and on the seat belt is a tag that says 1985, not knowing much about bobcat i assumed that was the year it was manufactored. well now i am having to do maintanance i needed to know for sure. i called a dealer in des moines and she said i can tell you only if you bought it from us,so i called another dealer in minnesota, i gave him the serial number he said sure i can ,its a 1990, i called another dealer in minnesota just to make sure, he said wait a minute i will give you the phone number to bobcat , they can tell you for sure, so i called them and they told me it was a 1991. i said so was the number one in the serial number that tells you,she said no, i have the paper that says so. incase anybdy else wants to know the number is 701-678-6165 bobcat

Tazza

Staff member
It would be early 90s the x43 series ended in 1990, the B came out after that. You don't need to know the exact year for maintanance, you only need your serial number to order parts.
They will only be able to give you an idea of when it was sold unless you talked to the dealer that sold it. It should be correct within a few months.