what lube in rollers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fencline

Our T-590 with 1700 hrs had a roller (intermediate) that started screeching. I replaced it with a new one and like I do with most broken things have taken it apart to see what went wrong. to my surprise, it has 2 bronze bushings instead of bearings as I was expecting. Sealing is done by 2 large o-rings. things don't look worn but the unit is dry. There is a plug (1/8th NPT) I want to rebuild as a spare. Does anyone know what type of oil is used in them? Gotta try it! Thanks for the input, Andy

Tazza

Staff member
I'd use some good quality synthetic oil.
Did it seem like it ran oil or just plain 'ol grease? the thicker the oil the less likely it will get out past the Orings, but may be stiffer.

OP
OP
F

fencline

I'd use some good quality synthetic oil.
Did it seem like it ran oil or just plain 'ol grease? the thicker the oil the less likely it will get out past the Orings, but may be stiffer.
It was almost surly some kind of oil as there are holes between the cavities. That probably would not work with grease unless it was totally filled. I am thinking of a 140 weight synthetic gear oil. Am also going to research the manufacturer (BERCO)as there is a number on the casting and also numbers on the bushings......Just need time. Thanks for the response

Latest posts