Weld on gussets- heavy duty

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I searched the web and could not locate a supplier for 3/8-1/2 steel gussets and other hard to find items. I have a couple of projects that require gussets welded to attachment plates and the bucket.
Appreciate any help with finding a supplier.
Perry

Tazza

Staff member
Your local steel supplier can't help out here? A few would have a profile cutter and should easily be able to cut a few up for you.

sterlclan

Your local steel supplier can't help out here? A few would have a profile cutter and should easily be able to cut a few up for you.
any steel shop with a shear can cut gussets or you can do it with flat stock and a chop saw.................Jeff

OP
OP
P

perry

any steel shop with a shear can cut gussets or you can do it with flat stock and a chop saw.................Jeff
I need them rounded at the weld point and a clean cut 1'' hole, not something that's mistakeless when cutting 3/8-1/2.

Tazza

Staff member
I need them rounded at the weld point and a clean cut 1'' hole, not something that's mistakeless when cutting 3/8-1/2.
A profile cutter would do that in its sleep! Especially if it used a plasma torch, no grinding would be needed before welding.

Latest posts