Weed killer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I recently discovered a recipe for weed killer, best of all it's biodegradable and works in less than 8 hours. I've ordered the chemicals and will test within the next few weeks if it will stop raining$%&%$. My brother had a lawn care business, he didn't cut grass, just applied chemicals for weeds, fungus and fertilizer. The weed killer he used and supplied by the franchiser worked in 1 day as well, I'm thinking this stuff might be the same?.
Anyway, I'll let you guys know.

coreya3212

I would be interested in that for sure. Let us know how it works. Is it for apllying to your lawn to get the weeds out or is it a all out killer of everything?

Tazza

Staff member
I would be interested in that for sure. Let us know how it works. Is it for apllying to your lawn to get the weeds out or is it a all out killer of everything?
I'd like to find something that kills bamboo, we have some running stull at home and its gotten a little out of control!!!

OP
OP
P

perry

I'd like to find something that kills bamboo, we have some running stull at home and its gotten a little out of control!!!
Oh! it's an all out killer, don't know if it will kill bamboo Tazza?.

siduramaxde

Oh! it's an all out killer, don't know if it will kill bamboo Tazza?.
Do you know the per gallon cost of your concoction? And do you know the application rate? With so many "off brands" of glyphosate (roundup) it has become pretty cheap buy. Put a little Diquat in with the glyphosate and you will have brown weeds in as little as a day. Any product with glyphosate will be non-selective, meaning it will kill any plant.

Tazza

Staff member
Do you know the per gallon cost of your concoction? And do you know the application rate? With so many "off brands" of glyphosate (roundup) it has become pretty cheap buy. Put a little Diquat in with the glyphosate and you will have brown weeds in as little as a day. Any product with glyphosate will be non-selective, meaning it will kill any plant.
Roundup doesn't seem to work on everything here, bamboo is pretty tough stuff. They say to add seasol to the mix to get the plant to suck the poison in.

OP
OP
P

perry

Roundup doesn't seem to work on everything here, bamboo is pretty tough stuff. They say to add seasol to the mix to get the plant to suck the poison in.
It's definitely not in the family of glyphosate, I'm working on the percentage in water which is somewhere around 20% I believe?.