Wanted: Lifting arms 233 T Thomas

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

robmoen

Hi just wondering if anyone knew of any wrecked 233 thomas skid steers. We broke the lifting arms on ours. We just spent a bunch of money overhauling the engine and was hoping someone would have or know where to find some used parts. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
If you can't get hold of a used set of arms, have you thought about fixing the old ones? it can be down with some time and effort.
I admit, a good used set is far easier!

OP
OP
R

robmoen

If you can't get hold of a used set of arms, have you thought about fixing the old ones? it can be down with some time and effort.
I admit, a good used set is far easier!
Yes, I figured id give it a shot finding a used set but if not i will fix the broken set. One side broke right off and in the process the other arm got bent. It is also broke where the cylinder pins into the arm . The one that is broke right off is straight but im worried about trying to straighten the bent one.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, I figured id give it a shot finding a used set but if not i will fix the broken set. One side broke right off and in the process the other arm got bent. It is also broke where the cylinder pins into the arm . The one that is broke right off is straight but im worried about trying to straighten the bent one.
Good point, if it was just broken it wouldn't be a big deal, but straightening a bend is a little harder.
Good luck in your search.

mllud

Good point, if it was just broken it wouldn't be a big deal, but straightening a bend is a little harder.
Good luck in your search.
If you can repair tie beoken cylinder mount first. Then you may be able to use the hydraulics on the machine th push it back into position. Mike

mllud

If you can repair tie beoken cylinder mount first. Then you may be able to use the hydraulics on the machine th push it back into position. Mike
If the one side dropped and bent the other. Support the broken side with something and push down with the boom enough to twist it back to straight

OP
OP
R

robmoen

If the one side dropped and bent the other. Support the broken side with something and push down with the boom enough to twist it back to straight
What i figured happend was that the one side broke off first straight and then the other side was left holding. The operator then went and was back blading and hooked the bucket on the broken side so it bent the other side sideways. its twisted aswell as bent really bad off to the side which pretty much caved in the tubing. I will post some pictures just so you guys can take a look. I might just get a newer machine in the meantime and fool around with fixing this later. thanks for the suggestions!

krunchkat99

What i figured happend was that the one side broke off first straight and then the other side was left holding. The operator then went and was back blading and hooked the bucket on the broken side so it bent the other side sideways. its twisted aswell as bent really bad off to the side which pretty much caved in the tubing. I will post some pictures just so you guys can take a look. I might just get a newer machine in the meantime and fool around with fixing this later. thanks for the suggestions!
Where are you located? I'll do a little searching for you, never know I may get lucky. Stephen