want to try to get hour meter working on 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kensteer

The hour meter does not work. what is the exact name for the pressure switch under the seat that powers the meter? it needs replacing. The back of the hour meter has two holes but not spades to plug into like a expected. will a little machine oil possibly make it work again after wiring it properly and replacing that pressure switch?

brdgbldr

The 743 does not have a pressure switch under the seat. The hour meter simply runs when the machine is turned on. These meters go bad all the time because moisture gets in them. They are cheap and easy to replace.

OP
OP
K

kensteer

What is that switch under the seat? It is a pressure switch with two wires that go to it.

Attachments

• switch under seat.jpg
    switch under seat.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 44

brdgbldr

Ok, I was thinking you were talking about a pressure switch that is actually under the seat of some machines to make sure someone is sitting in the seat for safety.

That appears to be the hydraulic oil pressure switch that is under the cab. I think you can still buy those from Bobcat ( part number 6671062 ). You'll need to make sure though with your serial number:

foton

I believe that the hydro oil pressure sender/switch does not control power to the hour meter to run, so that will still need to be figured out.

Micheal

What is that switch under the seat? It is a pressure switch with two wires that go to it.
My name is Micheal, I have an 1989 743.
I bought it not running, rebuilt motor, Kubota 4 cylinder diesel. That is a trans charge pressure switch. It has a normally open and a normally closed sides. The normally open hooks to hour meter and the normally closed hooks to trans. Oil temperature switch.
With this hook to oil temperature switch it helps keep hydraulic temperatures down.
Here is the link from Amazon to replace the old one.
Solarhome 6671062 Hydraulic Charge Pressure Switch for Bobcat 443 540 542 543 641 642 643 645 741 742 743 753 843 1213 1600 2000 7753 https://a.co/d/6NpXZXg

craigb93

Write the original hours on the inside of the access door. Even if it is off a bit it is better than nothing to be able to keep up with other wear items.
If you are really nerdy you can connect a 9-V. battery to your new Meter and let it run on the bench until the hours are close, then install.

Latest posts