Wacker Neuson SW28

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

beckbenj

Hi All,

I'm interested in purchasing a 2019 Wacker Neuson SW28 with the Perkins 854 engine. It has about 500 hours on it. It seems to be a very clean piece of equipment and well equipped for their asking price.

I wanted to get opinions on the machine quality, longevity, and serviceability. I've read that getting info from Wacker related to service information can be difficult, but maybe that is dealer-specific or has changed in recent years. They appear to be very capable machines.

Any experience trying to get service manuals for this machine, reading codes / diagnostics, etc? I fully intend to work on repairs needed and am not looking for a machine I need to drag to the dealer every time there is an issue (although dealer is within 25 miles). Is getting repair parts near impossible or similar to other makes?

OP
OP
B

beckbenj

I reached out to the local dealer and they were indicating parts take quite a while to arrive as they come from overseas. The machine is having work done and they couldn't give a time when it would be completed. Not impressed, seems like equipment to stay away from.

foton

I got a sw-20 have had no issue getting parts from dealer so far. I think to with time the more of the machines that get threw the flow of rental companys, parts will get easier to find as part demand increases and warehouses will have to stock more here. Pretty much the same said about JCB, 20 years ago you did not see them, they are everwhere now.