wacker neuson sw20

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

Does anyone have any opinions about wacker neuson ,I am looking at a almost new demo unit. (34 hrs.) Looked at the stuff from there web site and the machine looks like it might be easy to access for maint. We had their plate compactors at work and they were good machines but that is a world away from a skid steer. There is a certified dealer 30 miles away. what is your thoughts?

OP
OP
F

foton

well I took delivery yesterday and getting used to the machine controls . I will answer any questions about machine that I can if anyone else might be looking at this brand skid steer. But so far I am impressed with the thought of engineering that went into it.

flyerdan

well I took delivery yesterday and getting used to the machine controls . I will answer any questions about machine that I can if anyone else might be looking at this brand skid steer. But so far I am impressed with the thought of engineering that went into it.
It looks interesting, pretty well thought out. A lot of us will be curious as to how the tier 4 and fly by wire hold up compared to similar models.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's page for that model: SW20 - Vertical Lift Skid Steer Loader

OP
OP
F

foton

It looks interesting, pretty well thought out. A lot of us will be curious as to how the tier 4 and fly by wire hold up compared to similar models.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's page for that model: SW20 - Vertical Lift Skid Steer Loader
one of the first things I did was to to the wacker neuson site and downloaded the operators manual and the parts book then went to the kohler site and downloaded the parts and operations book for the engine. Put it all on thumb drives . I have no internet in the barn but have a computer so thumb drives work out. used the machine and was going up the ridge did a wheelie took off two of the four counter weights off the back it is much better but I am going to remove the other two also. pilot controls are becoming easier to get the right touch as I use it. so much better than the bobcat 500 hahahahaha

OP
OP
F

foton

one of the first things I did was to to the wacker neuson site and downloaded the operators manual and the parts book then went to the kohler site and downloaded the parts and operations book for the engine. Put it all on thumb drives . I have no internet in the barn but have a computer so thumb drives work out. used the machine and was going up the ridge did a wheelie took off two of the four counter weights off the back it is much better but I am going to remove the other two also. pilot controls are becoming easier to get the right touch as I use it. so much better than the bobcat 500 hahahahaha
so far I am really happy with the machine and the only thing I do not like is that to change the hydro filter you have to tilt the cab, but it does make room in the engine compartment so that is a good and bad thing I guess , just how you think of it .

OP
OP
F

foton

so far I am really happy with the machine and the only thing I do not like is that to change the hydro filter you have to tilt the cab, but it does make room in the engine compartment so that is a good and bad thing I guess , just how you think of it .
has any one used after market back up cameras and what should I look at or what should I not look at? the factory option is 650.00 so I would prefer to find something as good but less costly.

OP
OP
F

foton

has any one used after market back up cameras and what should I look at or what should I not look at? the factory option is 650.00 so I would prefer to find something as good but less costly.
so far I love this machine, the pilot controls are user friendly as long as you run at 2/3 to 3/4 throttle they get touchy running at near WOT. But you just break things at that speed so I have been running at a lower RPM and having a good time with it. I love the A/C ,sound dreading is good to for listening to radio too.

Bobcatandscat

so far I love this machine, the pilot controls are user friendly as long as you run at 2/3 to 3/4 throttle they get touchy running at near WOT. But you just break things at that speed so I have been running at a lower RPM and having a good time with it. I love the A/C ,sound dreading is good to for listening to radio too.
I have the st35 skid , and like tgg he e machine , but when it comes to a service , it's not much information on the web and dealers don't have much experience either. That's the main problem for me ,

OP
OP
F

foton

yeah they are new in the usa market and that was and is still a concern for me but I really like my machine and there is a new dealer in Chattsworth, Ga. which is not far for me. I am starting to see quite a few more machines around , I think they have tryed pretty hard to get into the rentals outlets, I guess time will see if they will be sucessfull or not.

OP
OP
F

foton

I had a issue with my machine the other day, The quick attach would not engauge, everthing else worked. But there was no audible alarm but there was a exclamation mark on the display. So I turned the machine off let it sit a min. restarted it and the mark was there and a code (general malfuction ) . So wondering about what could have caused this and not finding anything, It came to me to turn off the battery switch turned the key on and then off, turned the battery switch on and restarted the machine , it reset the computer and give me a ok on the display and the quick attach, now works. Right at 70 I have a hard time sometimes thinking I have a piece of heavy eq. that is a wheeled computer and a restart sometimes fixes a glitch. Sometimes I get lucky.

Latest posts