Used T190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pgr380

Hey guys, Just thought I'd get some opinions on a 2007 T190 with the V2003T engine, 3200 hrs. that I've found for sale. The machine is in good shape except that the engine pours oil and is missing on one cylinder. It will likely require a total overhaul or new engine. The asking price is about 40% of market value, which should give me enough of a margin to do either. Anyone have experience rebuilding the V2003T? And what kind of money should I expect to pay assuming the bottom end is good?

Tazza

Staff member
You could always throw what others call reefer engines into it. Essentially it's an engine off a refrigerated container, the don't work hard and are pretty cheap. I don't think they will have the V2003T though, generally they are V2203DI, it will be a little lower on power as they are non turbo, but i think it's pretty close.
If you have mechanical abilities, i think you could do the swap if you don't rebuild the current engine. These engines are pretty simple, but the issue it's showing, I'd suspect at least a bad head. You'd need to get it apart to know the extent, but they can be fully rebuilt if need be.

bobbie-g

You could always throw what others call reefer engines into it. Essentially it's an engine off a refrigerated container, the don't work hard and are pretty cheap. I don't think they will have the V2003T though, generally they are V2203DI, it will be a little lower on power as they are non turbo, but i think it's pretty close.
If you have mechanical abilities, i think you could do the swap if you don't rebuild the current engine. These engines are pretty simple, but the issue it's showing, I'd suspect at least a bad head. You'd need to get it apart to know the extent, but they can be fully rebuilt if need be.
I had a T180, same as T190, except the 180 was a radial lift so it was a bit lighter. I finally sold it, didn't do what I wanted. It kept trying to run out of its tracks. Maybe I wasn't running them tight enuf, maybe that's to be expected with cheap aftermarket tracks. It only had 800 hrs on it and had a brand new set of cheap tracks when I bought it, so the originals went pretty fast. Anyhow, the real downside for me was its power. I couldn't get it to pull itself with a 1500 lb mower backward up a steep hill. Plenty of traction, but not enuf power. So the power plus the tendency to derail a track on a side slope or even when running over a rock were enuf reason for me to sell. But the traction on a tracked machine puts the wheeled machines to shame. I miss that part. --- If you do buy, I still have the factory manuals if you're interested. My email adr is here on this site. -- Oh, if you do pull the engine, check the codes before you pull it. Mine threw a code for something like a "bad swash plate", which turned out to only be a bad sensor. Engine had to be pulled to get at it. Bummer. :) ---Bobbie-G

Latest posts