used and abused 863

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

leadsled

trying to figure out what my problem is.start machine ,safety bar down,over ride pressed,all bics lights on no flashing,mid range running,press auxillary switch twice,can hear motor labor[no attachment connected,just deadhead] have up lift function only ,bucket up only no curl function, connected pressure gauge to auxillary line have 3000psi when switched on to manual or locked, checked both auxillary solenoids 3.5 ohms, checked fuses and battery,connected pressure hose to both auxillary ports[loop]bucket and lift functions work,any ideas ??WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP,do have a service manual.thks

Bobcatdan

Post is a little hard to follow. So the machine works fine until you push the aux buttons with nothing hooked up. The aux deadheads and puts lift, tilt and aux into relief. Lift and tilt will act about how you say in relief. So the machine stays in relief until you shut it off and then is off when restarted? If so, I say bad switch on the handle.

SkidRoe

Further to Dan's comment, pressing the aux button twice puts the machine into continuous flow. What happens when you only push it once? If the machine acts normally until you move the thumb switch on the right control lever (assuming aux not connected to anything), I would surmise that the problem lies with the pistol trigger on the right stick. HTH - SR

OP
OP
L

leadsled

Further to Dan's comment, pressing the aux button twice puts the machine into continuous flow. What happens when you only push it once? If the machine acts normally until you move the thumb switch on the right control lever (assuming aux not connected to anything), I would surmise that the problem lies with the pistol trigger on the right stick. HTH - SR
Sorry for late update but the machine is still having the same problem. I installed a brand new switch for the right control. The problem is still the same with Auxiliary button pushed once or twice. The machine still stays in continuous flow with no attachment ( deadhead).

mmsllc

Sorry for late update but the machine is still having the same problem. I installed a brand new switch for the right control. The problem is still the same with Auxiliary button pushed once or twice. The machine still stays in continuous flow with no attachment ( deadhead).
Can you unplug both aux hyd solenoids?? This should help establish if it is a mechanical problem in the hyd valve or with the actual valve that sits below the electric solenoids. If the problem goes away, then there would have to be a control / electrical issue causing one valve to energize when it should not be. If it does not go away, then it should determine that the valve assembly or valve stem is malfunctioning. I know it sounds like a simple test, but it should help give you some clearer direction.