Update on my project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

budtoh3zo

Well i got the old girl running in the nick of time. Have done alot of snow removal with it. Found a few more things i need to fix now. So i have 13 hours on the new motor running like a champ. One isses is how the cab heater is routed. the supply is straight off the block nothing wrong with that but were the issue is it it returned after the T stat and being 5/8 Hose it is putting so much around the motor just gets into the normal temp after working her hard for awhile. I think what i am going to do is by a 1/2 T and install it in the t stat bypass and put the return there. Any thoughts on that? Im hoping it will make everything hotter and get the motor were it needs to be! Need to get a new radio in it nothing important just a nice to have. Reseal the top window water leaks in. Reseal the door snow comes in if i drop any on the cab and makes my leg cold! When i first put it into service it was a gallon low on hydrolic oil so i topped it up ran it for awhile and it ended up a gallon low again cant see any leaks? so topped it up and its been good for awhile now not sure what to think about that just have to monitor it i guess for now. Overall im very happy with her.

antfarmer2

Might be a drive motor leaking into the chaincase since you are not seeing fluid anywhere....
Had the samething on my 743 easy cheap fix pull the plug in the front on flat ground and see if fluid comes out if so it is a seal behind the drive motor mine were 16 bucks a piece and made the tool to set them with pvc coupler and a screw in pvc square plug from hardware store about 6 bucks

OP
OP
budtoh3zo

budtoh3zo

Had the samething on my 743 easy cheap fix pull the plug in the front on flat ground and see if fluid comes out if so it is a seal behind the drive motor mine were 16 bucks a piece and made the tool to set them with pvc coupler and a screw in pvc square plug from hardware store about 6 bucks
Thats what i thought but havent seen any extra fluid that i can tell yet in the chain case but will continue to watch.

OP
OP
budtoh3zo

budtoh3zo

Mine when down a bit too after draining and refilling working the air out
Will get some pics soon. I never drained it but not to sure on its history could have been done. Will find out soon if it does or does not vanish again.

Latest posts