Travel speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tbsclmail

I am really hoping someone here has the answer I need! I currently have two Bobcat skid loaders; an S590 and an S770. Both are 2-speed. I use them 95% for snow removal and do a lot of driving between sites. While trailering is an option, the distance between sites makes it more practical to drive, which is where speed would help.

In high range, the S590 does 8mph tops. And that's with the taller, Bobcat branded snow tire/wheel package. I believe the machine's specs rate it at 11.?, and with the taller tires if I could get 12.? I'd be thrilled. While it seems minor, that is 50% faster than I can currently travel, so it would noticeably impact time spent between jobs.

Now for the S770…. It does 10mph max, in high range. It has the 225/70/22.5 snow tires. They are over 30" tall. This should also add noticeable speed, and this machine is spec'd to do 12.3 I believe. So I feel it should cross 13 with the tires for sure. I've seen a post of a guy with an S850 with these tires that is over 14 if I recall correctly.

So I only have two machines, and both have the same problem. Bobcat dealer has gone through them and adjusted everything they can. They have no further answers. Any ideas?! Thanks!!