Trading my 863 for a 236b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KAG

Well the main reason I want to get something new is I want heat as I use my SS in the winter to plow snow. Been looking for a while now and found what I think is a ok deal on a 236b. Was wanting some in put on the 236b. Would love a 2 speed but not an option with cat. Thanks in advance

I really like my cat. the pilot controls are a dream compaired to the hydrulic controls. The thing you might find strange at first, is the half second delay to engage the drive motors. Stopping is in real time, and so are bucket controls. The other thing is the cost of repair, (which I am very famillar with) Bobcat seems to use more general parts which is readily available and cheaper. Cat parts are harder to find and far more expensive. This is just my opinon. If i had known about this site before I bought my SS, I might of been on the John Deere forum instead of the cat fourm... Nah. I'm kidding, I like it here.

bobcat_ron

I really like my cat. the pilot controls are a dream compaired to the hydrulic controls. The thing you might find strange at first, is the half second delay to engage the drive motors. Stopping is in real time, and so are bucket controls. The other thing is the cost of repair, (which I am very famillar with) Bobcat seems to use more general parts which is readily available and cheaper. Cat parts are harder to find and far more expensive. This is just my opinon. If i had known about this site before I bought my SS, I might of been on the John Deere forum instead of the cat fourm... Nah. I'm kidding, I like it here.
Good luck breaking anything on a Cat, they are just as tough as their bigger equipment, that's one of the many reasons I went to Cat, it's a machine you don't have to worry about what's going to be the next item on the repair bill.

LIMaint

Good luck breaking anything on a Cat, they are just as tough as their bigger equipment, that's one of the many reasons I went to Cat, it's a machine you don't have to worry about what's going to be the next item on the repair bill.
I have a 236b and think its a great all around machine, the heat cranks.......

skidsteer.ca

I have a 236b and think its a great all around machine, the heat cranks.......
If snow is your focus I think I'd be looking for a 2 speed. On smooth surfaces they rock. Gehl even had its single speed with joystick controls up to 8.8mph
Ken