Towing Gehl help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Can anyone tell me exactly what i have to do to be able to move a gehl 3610 skidsteer that won't start? I have a copy of a manual that says you can do it but its a copy of a copy and i can 't see the pics of what i am suppose to switch or disengage? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have to get it on a trailor.

mark48

I don't know anything about your model. I have an immobile 5635 and to move it I have to disconnect the drive chains in the gear case which I'm about to do to haul it in to a shop. Since the parking brakes need hydraulic pressure to release your only option is to free up wheels from the drive motors

The 4510 and 4610 have "tow" Valves on the top of the pumps. They are a small vertical stem round with two flats. You can turn the stems 90degrees and it opens the ports and allows the wheels to spin free. Two stems, one forward one aft on the pump. You have to remove the floor plate to see the front one, may have to lift the cab to see the aft one. I am able to reach under and find it because I know where it is. Good luck.